Bulgaria Cracks under Record Cold
Four temperature records were registered Thursday morning by Bulgaria's national weather service, as a cold wave gripped the country.
The coldest location and one of the temperature records is the western city of Kyustendil with -19 degrees Centigrate, said the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The other three records were registered at the central town of Kazanlak (-14.8 C), south-western city of Blagoevgrad (-13.5 C), and north-western city of Montana (-11.8 C).
The situation in north-eastern Bulgaria remains complicated due to low temperatures, snow drifts and ice, with some roads impassible.
The weather service forecasts a very cold Friday morning, with lows in the range -10-15 C, reaching to -18-22 C at some locations.
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Weather Alert Issued throughout Bulgaria over Heavy Snow
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Ice on Roads in Several Regions
- » Greece Hit by 5-Magniture Earthquake
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds
- » Trump's Election Casts Doubt Over Paris Environmental Agreement