Bulgaria Cracks under Record Cold
Four temperature records were registered Thursday morning by Bulgaria's national weather service, as a cold wave gripped the country.
The coldest location and one of the temperature records is the western city of Kyustendil with -19 degrees Centigrate, said the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The other three records were registered at the central town of Kazanlak (-14.8 C), south-western city of Blagoevgrad (-13.5 C), and north-western city of Montana (-11.8 C).
The situation in north-eastern Bulgaria remains complicated due to low temperatures, snow drifts and ice, with some roads impassible.
The weather service forecasts a very cold Friday morning, with lows in the range -10-15 C, reaching to -18-22 C at some locations.
- » Bulgarian Oak Ranks High in European Tree of Year Contest
- » Bulgaria May Lose Funding Under Two Eco Projects
- » Free Public Transport Options to Be Discussed in Days - Sofia Mayor
- » Bulgaria among World's Most Toxic Countries - Study
- » Bulgaria Braces for New Cold Snap on Tuesday
- » Air Pollution Kills More Than 18 100 in Bulgaria Every Year