Bulgaria Cracks under Record Cold
Four temperature records were registered Thursday morning by Bulgaria's national weather service, as a cold wave gripped the country.
The coldest location and one of the temperature records is the western city of Kyustendil with -19 degrees Centigrate, said the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The other three records were registered at the central town of Kazanlak (-14.8 C), south-western city of Blagoevgrad (-13.5 C), and north-western city of Montana (-11.8 C).
The situation in north-eastern Bulgaria remains complicated due to low temperatures, snow drifts and ice, with some roads impassible.
The weather service forecasts a very cold Friday morning, with lows in the range -10-15 C, reaching to -18-22 C at some locations.
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria Warns of Snowfall, Rising River Levels