Bulgaria Cracks under Record Cold
Four temperature records were registered Thursday morning by Bulgaria's national weather service, as a cold wave gripped the country.
The coldest location and one of the temperature records is the western city of Kyustendil with -19 degrees Centigrate, said the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The other three records were registered at the central town of Kazanlak (-14.8 C), south-western city of Blagoevgrad (-13.5 C), and north-western city of Montana (-11.8 C).
The situation in north-eastern Bulgaria remains complicated due to low temperatures, snow drifts and ice, with some roads impassible.
The weather service forecasts a very cold Friday morning, with lows in the range -10-15 C, reaching to -18-22 C at some locations.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday