Bulgaria Cracks under Record Cold
Four temperature records were registered Thursday morning by Bulgaria's national weather service, as a cold wave gripped the country.
The coldest location and one of the temperature records is the western city of Kyustendil with -19 degrees Centigrate, said the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The other three records were registered at the central town of Kazanlak (-14.8 C), south-western city of Blagoevgrad (-13.5 C), and north-western city of Montana (-11.8 C).
The situation in north-eastern Bulgaria remains complicated due to low temperatures, snow drifts and ice, with some roads impassible.
The weather service forecasts a very cold Friday morning, with lows in the range -10-15 C, reaching to -18-22 C at some locations.
- » Meteor Turned the Night into a Day over Lapland (Video)
- » The Snowfall Stopped Trains in Gabrovo
- » Small Steps Forward as UN Climate Talks End in Bonn
- » NIMH: Rains to Continue, Transforming into Snow in Some Areas of Western Bulgaria
- » Three Earthquakes Hit Northern Italy
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Mostly Cloudy and Rains Will Fall in Many Areas