Bulgaria 3rd in EU by Industrial Production Fall Oct 2012 Y/Y
On October 2012, on annual basis, Bulgaria was third in the European Union by the largest decrease in its industrial production.
In October 2012 compared with October 2011, industrial production dropped by 3.6% in the Eurozone and by 3.1% in the EU, according to estimates released Wednesday by Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union.
In addition to Bulgaria (-4.2%), the largest decreases were registered in Ireland (-16.2%), Italy (-6.2%), the Netherlands and Portugal (both -3.9%) and Germany (-3.8%), and the highest increases in Lithuania (+10.3%), Slovakia (+8.1%) and Malta (+4.5%).
In October 2012 compared with October 2011, production of durable consumer goods fell by 6.0% in the Eurozone and by 4.0% in the EU.
Intermediate goods dropped by 4.6% and 4.1% respectively. Capital goods declined by 4.3% in the Eurozone and by 3.4% in the EU.
Non-durable consumer goods decreased by 2.2% and 1.9% respectively.
Production of energy grew by 0.4% in the Eurozone, but fell by 0.9% in the EU
In September production decreased by 2.3% and 2.1% respectively.
In October 2012, compared with September 2012, seasonally adjusted industrial production fell by 1.4% in the Eurozone and by 1.0% in the EU.
In October 2012 compared with September 2012, production of durable consumer goods fell by 3.8% in the Eurozone and by 1.5% in the EU.
Capital goods decreased by 3.0% and 2.3% respectively. Production of energy declined by 1.5% in the Eurozone and by 1.0% in the EU.
Intermediate goods dropped by 1.2% and 1.0% respectively, while non-durable consumer goods rose by 1.2% in the Eurozone and by 0.6% in the EU.
The largest monthly decreases were registered in Estonia (-5.3%), the Netherlands (-4.7%), Slovakia (-3.9%) and Germany (-2.4%), and the highest increases in Portugal (+4.8%), Ireland (+2.7%) and Poland (+1.9%).
- » Borisov to the MEPs: If there is so much Corruption, How are we Always First in Elections (Video)
- » Boyko Borisov Presents the Presidency's Priorities to the European Parliament
- » Experts Argue Whether Prices Would Rise if Bulgaria Introduces the Euro
- » The Speech of Donald Tusk Delivered in Bulgarian (Video)
- » Euronews: Bulgaria is Applying for Schengen by Strictly Guarding its Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria is Third in the EU to be Financed by the Juncker Plan in Respect to GDP