Bulgaria Declares Code Yellow over High Winds
Code yellow has been declared for twenty four Bulgarian regions Wednesday over the forecast for cold weather and gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
It is effective for all Bulgarian regions except Pernik, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad and Smolyan, which are under code green.
Light snow showers are in the forecast for Wednesday morning in northeastern Bulgaria, but they will stop around noon. Blizzard-like conditions and drifts are also expected there.
The minimum temperatures will be between minus 1C and minus 6C, while the maximum – between minus 2C and minus 3C. In the capital Sofia, the mercury will reach the minus 2 degrees C mark.
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Mostly Cloudy and Rains Will Fall in Many Areas
- » 2.9 Earthquake on the Richter Scale is Registered Near Bansko
- » Ekathimerini: Storm System Hiits Western Greece, Causes Rock Falls
- » Bulgarian Scientists Presented New Discoveries in the Field of Organic Chemistry
- » Europeans can Watch Online the Quality of the Air they Breathe
- » Antidepressants getting into Rivers make the Fish Aggressive