Bulgaria Declares Code Yellow over High Winds
Code yellow has been declared for twenty four Bulgarian regions Wednesday over the forecast for cold weather and gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
It is effective for all Bulgarian regions except Pernik, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad and Smolyan, which are under code green.
Light snow showers are in the forecast for Wednesday morning in northeastern Bulgaria, but they will stop around noon. Blizzard-like conditions and drifts are also expected there.
The minimum temperatures will be between minus 1C and minus 6C, while the maximum – between minus 2C and minus 3C. In the capital Sofia, the mercury will reach the minus 2 degrees C mark.
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Last Circus Lions in Bulgaria Leave for South Africa
- » Bulgaria Orders Montupet to Halt Aluminium Casting Unit over Suspected Air Pollution
- » Sofia’s MBT Waste Processing Plant to Start Operating Monday