Bulgaria Declares Code Yellow over High Winds
Code yellow has been declared for twenty four Bulgarian regions Wednesday over the forecast for cold weather and gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
It is effective for all Bulgarian regions except Pernik, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad and Smolyan, which are under code green.
Light snow showers are in the forecast for Wednesday morning in northeastern Bulgaria, but they will stop around noon. Blizzard-like conditions and drifts are also expected there.
The minimum temperatures will be between minus 1C and minus 6C, while the maximum – between minus 2C and minus 3C. In the capital Sofia, the mercury will reach the minus 2 degrees C mark.
- » Bulgaria MPs Revoke Beach Camping Ban in 2nd Reading
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Wind Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow in Northern Bulgaria over Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria's MPs Revoke Ban on Beach Camping
- » Lukoil Bulgaria Refinery to Get Fined over Air Pollution
- » Bulgaria Warns of Intensive Rainfall in Southern Regions on Thursday