Prosecution Starts Check of Failed Bulgarian Const Court Hopeful
Bulgarian acting Chief Prosecutor Boyko Naydenov has ordered the start of investigations against prosecutor Galya Gugusheva, who Tuesday withdrew her candidacy for Bulgaria's Constitutional Court.
Tuesday Gugusheva was also proposed for demotion from her position as vice-head of Bulgaria's special Prosecutor's Office for corruption and organized crime.
The procedure for a new nomination to fill in the Bulgarian Parliament's quota of constitutional judges is expected to resume after New Year's.
The procedure has turned into an agonizing fiasco, after Veneta Markovska, a candidate already approved by Parliament, could not assume office after President Rosen Plenvneliev chose not to respect the Parliament's decision over allegations of dealing in influence against Markovska which she did not manage to dispel.
- » Ivaylo Kalfin Appointed Chair of National Council for Tripartite Cooperation
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Dismisses Nearly All District Governors
- » Bulgaria Deputy DefMin 'Threat to National Security' - Patriotic Front
- » Bulgarian MPs to Have Final Vote on 2014 Budget
- » Bulgarian Trade Union Seeks Minimum Wage Increase to BGN 400
- » KTB Majority Shareholder to Demand Int'l Expertise on Bank Insolvency