Prosecution Starts Check of Failed Bulgarian Const Court Hopeful
Bulgarian acting Chief Prosecutor Boyko Naydenov has ordered the start of investigations against prosecutor Galya Gugusheva, who Tuesday withdrew her candidacy for Bulgaria's Constitutional Court.
Tuesday Gugusheva was also proposed for demotion from her position as vice-head of Bulgaria's special Prosecutor's Office for corruption and organized crime.
The procedure for a new nomination to fill in the Bulgarian Parliament's quota of constitutional judges is expected to resume after New Year's.
The procedure has turned into an agonizing fiasco, after Veneta Markovska, a candidate already approved by Parliament, could not assume office after President Rosen Plenvneliev chose not to respect the Parliament's decision over allegations of dealing in influence against Markovska which she did not manage to dispel.
- » Bulgarian PM Appoints Deputy Education Minister
- » Bulgarian TV Show to Submit Petition for Holding Six-Point Referendum
- » Bulgaria Ex-President Says Ankara Working to Wield Influence on Bulgarian Turks
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Also Sees 'Plot against Govt'
- » Bulgaria's Govt Warns of 'Plot to Discredit PM'
- » Bulgaria’s New Education Minister Kuneva Vows Transparency