Prosecution Starts Check of Failed Bulgarian Const Court Hopeful
Bulgarian acting Chief Prosecutor Boyko Naydenov has ordered the start of investigations against prosecutor Galya Gugusheva, who Tuesday withdrew her candidacy for Bulgaria's Constitutional Court.
Tuesday Gugusheva was also proposed for demotion from her position as vice-head of Bulgaria's special Prosecutor's Office for corruption and organized crime.
The procedure for a new nomination to fill in the Bulgarian Parliament's quota of constitutional judges is expected to resume after New Year's.
The procedure has turned into an agonizing fiasco, after Veneta Markovska, a candidate already approved by Parliament, could not assume office after President Rosen Plenvneliev chose not to respect the Parliament's decision over allegations of dealing in influence against Markovska which she did not manage to dispel.
- » Bulgaria's President to Give Gov't Mandate to Third-Largest Party
- » Bulgarian Socialists OK Stanishev’s Bid for 2 Term as PES President
- » Who is Who: Mihail Mikov, New Chair of Bulgarian Socialist Party
- » Mihail Mikov Elected Chair of Bulgarian Socialist Party
- » Outgoing Bulgarian Socialist Leader to Run for 2 Term as PES President
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Elect New Leader