Major Sofia Mall Closed for 24 H after Bomb Threat
The Serdika Mall in Bulgarian capital Sofia has been closed after police received a signal for a bomb placed in the shopping and business center.
Following an inspection, police ascertained that there is no bomb on the premises, but have chosen to leave the building closed for 24 hours for security reasons.
The Serdika Center Mall will remain closed until 5 pm Wednesday.
Recently, there has been an increased number of bomb threats for shopping centers in Sofia.
- » Consortium of 3 Banks to Sell Bulgarian Govt Bonds Worth BGN 3 B
- » Wheat Prices Could Soar if EU Approves Ukraine Loan
- » Bulgaria Scores Among Top High Growth Locations
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Britons' Preferred Holiday Real Estates
- » Consumer Loan Act Changes Pass 1st Reading in Bulgaria's Parliament
- » Eurostat: Gender Pay Gap in Bulgaria at 15%
It is quite alarming that people can play jokes about bombs. It's no laughing matter to be threatened about death and that too so often.
Word is that it's rival malls vying for business, but come on...
Have you heard about the boy who cried wolf too many times?