Major Sofia Mall Closed for 24 H after Bomb Threat
The Serdika Mall in Bulgarian capital Sofia has been closed after police received a signal for a bomb placed in the shopping and business center.
Following an inspection, police ascertained that there is no bomb on the premises, but have chosen to leave the building closed for 24 hours for security reasons.
The Serdika Center Mall will remain closed until 5 pm Wednesday.
Recently, there has been an increased number of bomb threats for shopping centers in Sofia.
- » Bulgaria's Average Wage 'to Top BGN 1000 This Year'
- » Bulgaria Lags Behind in Attracting Foreign Investment - Industry Group
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Industry 'Grew 11% Last Year'
- » Bulgaria's Energy System Stable, Minister Says
- » State Debt Decreases in EU, Bulgaria in Q3 2016
- » DPS: We Will Give Radev 101 Days
It is quite alarming that people can play jokes about bombs. It's no laughing matter to be threatened about death and that too so often.
Word is that it's rival malls vying for business, but come on...
Have you heard about the boy who cried wolf too many times?