EU's Stance to Israel Is Like Ignoring Holocaust - Israeli FM
Israeli Foreign Affairs Minister Avigdor Lieberman has said that the EU's stance to Israel resembles that of European countries which ignored the Holocaust during the first half of the 20th c.
EU leaders recently expressed grave concern and "dismay" at Israel's decision to revive and go ahead with plans for building settlements on the West Bank.
In return, the Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs said the EU turned a blind eye to a speech by Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal this week, in which he said the Palestine would not "cede an inch" of historic Palestine, which includes much of modern Israel, reports Al Arabiya.
"Once again, Europe has ignored calls for Israel’s destruction," commented Lieberman for the Israeli public radio.
"We’ve already seen this at the end of the 1930s and at the beginning of the 1940s when Europe knew what was happening in the concentration camps and didn’t act," added he.
"Europe has slapped itself in the face. When Jews are sacrificed, you have to ask yourself who will be next," concluded Lieberman.
- » First Results of the Referendum on Independence of Kurdistan
- » The Winner of Eurovision - 2017 is in Hospital, Waiting for a Heart Donor
- » The Authorities in China Completely Blocked WhatsApp
- » More than 2000 People Blocked Abroad due to Canceled Russian Flights, Including to Bulgaria
- » DPRK Stole Missile Technology from South Korean Servers
- » US: The Notion that we Declared War to North Korea is Absurd