EU's Stance to Israel Is Like Ignoring Holocaust - Israeli FM
Israeli Foreign Affairs Minister Avigdor Lieberman has said that the EU's stance to Israel resembles that of European countries which ignored the Holocaust during the first half of the 20th c.
EU leaders recently expressed grave concern and "dismay" at Israel's decision to revive and go ahead with plans for building settlements on the West Bank.
In return, the Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs said the EU turned a blind eye to a speech by Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal this week, in which he said the Palestine would not "cede an inch" of historic Palestine, which includes much of modern Israel, reports Al Arabiya.
"Once again, Europe has ignored calls for Israel’s destruction," commented Lieberman for the Israeli public radio.
"We’ve already seen this at the end of the 1930s and at the beginning of the 1940s when Europe knew what was happening in the concentration camps and didn’t act," added he.
"Europe has slapped itself in the face. When Jews are sacrificed, you have to ask yourself who will be next," concluded Lieberman.
- » Presidents of Two Cypriot Republics to Meet, Revive Reconciliation
- » Up to 250 Missing after New Avalanche Hits Nepal
- » UNICEF Launches Campaign in Support of Nepal Children
- » Ukraine to Meet EU Membership Criteria in 5 Years - President
- » Leading German Meat Processor to Build 20 Pig Farms in Serbia
- » Police Officer Killed in Bosnia Police Station Attack