EU's Stance to Israel Is Like Ignoring Holocaust - Israeli FM
Israeli Foreign Affairs Minister Avigdor Lieberman has said that the EU's stance to Israel resembles that of European countries which ignored the Holocaust during the first half of the 20th c.
EU leaders recently expressed grave concern and "dismay" at Israel's decision to revive and go ahead with plans for building settlements on the West Bank.
In return, the Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs said the EU turned a blind eye to a speech by Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal this week, in which he said the Palestine would not "cede an inch" of historic Palestine, which includes much of modern Israel, reports Al Arabiya.
"Once again, Europe has ignored calls for Israel’s destruction," commented Lieberman for the Israeli public radio.
"We’ve already seen this at the end of the 1930s and at the beginning of the 1940s when Europe knew what was happening in the concentration camps and didn’t act," added he.
"Europe has slapped itself in the face. When Jews are sacrificed, you have to ask yourself who will be next," concluded Lieberman.
- » EU to Extend Support to Farmers over Russia Food Ban by One Year
- » Blast in Skopje Damages Three Cars, No Injuries
- » Turkish Soldiers Killed in PKK Attack, Army Says
- » Investigation to Confirm Whether Debris Found in Indian Ocean Part of Missing MH370
- » Russia Vetoes UN Resolution for Setting Tribunal on MH17 Disaster
- » Turkey Formally Opens Incirlik Air Base for Coalition Strikes on IS