Bulgaria under Code Yellow over Snow, Rain, Winds
Twenty Bulgarian regions are under code yellow on Tuesday over snow, rains and gusty winds, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) announced.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
Roads across the country are passable, under winter weather conditions, the Road Infrastructure Agency informs. Road surfaces are wet and icy in higher elevations.
A number of mountain passes in the Stara Planina (Balkan) and Rodopi mountain rage remain closed; tractor trailers are banned and tire chains are required for the open ones.
The mercury is expected to climb no higher than 2 degrees Celsius below zero, particularly in western and northwestern Bulgaria. Highs will hover about 5-6 degrees Celsius in Southeastern Bulgaria and along the Black Sea coast.
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak
- » 3-Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Southern Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 21 Bulgarian Regions over Dangerous Heat
- » 4-Magnitude Earthquake in Greece Felt in Bulgaria
- » Decreasing Water Levels Hamper Sailing on Danube Near Bulgaria's Belene