Yet Another Tip-off Filed Against Notorious Bulgarian Prosecutor
Bulgarian Prosecutor Galya Gugusheva, who failed to become one of the country's constitutional judges, faces fresh allegations, it emerged on Tuesday.
Gugusheva allegedly offered court settlements to high-scale credit card fraudsters, according to a new tip-off sent to the Bulgarian parliamentary committee on high-profile corruption.
The tip-off says that some of the fraudsters in question were active in the US.
The parliamentary committee's head, Yane Yanev, has told the Bulgarian National Radio that the tip-off has been sent to the Supreme Judicial Council and to the parliamentary legal affairs committee.
On Tuesday Gugusheva withdrew her candidacy to become a member of Bulgaria's Constitutional Court following a series of allegations of past abuse of power.
Earlier, right-wing UDF and ruling center-right GERB decided to withdraw support for Gugusheva.
Gugusheva's nomination was approved by UDF leadership and tabled by non-affiliated MPs, as the party's MPs refused to support the nomination, which led to them being dismissed.
Tuesday UDF and GERB reached an agreement for UDF to work on presenting a new candidacy, but the procedure is not expected to start before the New Year.
Gugusheva is the second failed Constitutional Court nominee by Parliament, after the fiasco with judge Veneta Markovska, whose election by Parliament was not respected by Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, due to allegations of dealing in influence that she was not able to dispel.
- » President Rumen Radev to Attend NATO Summit in Brussels and Make Official Visit to Vatican
- » Vice President Iliyana Yotova: 'We Cannot Have Other Priority Than Education'
- » President Rumen Radev: 'In The Hierarchy of Spirit and Culture, the Leaders are Not Politicians but the Knights of Letters
- » 6km Queue of Cargo Vehicles at Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Delegation Visits Rome for May 24
- » PM Boyko Borisov: 'Investment in Education of Future Generations is Among our Main Aspirations Today'