2.1 Magnitude Earthquake Recorded near Sofia
A light earthquake measuring 2.1 on the Richter scale was registered in the small hours of Tuesday near Sofia.
According to data of the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy, and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), as cited by Sega daily, the jolt was registered at 2.25 a.m.
The epicenter of the quake was 36 km southeast of Sofia and it occurred at a depth of 10 km.
- » Maximum Temperatures in Bulgaria Reaching 37° C
- » Pazardzhik Landfill Poses Danger of Road Accidents
- » Bulgaria's Environment Minister Calls for Imposing Stricter Fines on Oil Spills
- » Southern Bulgaria Submerged in Floods Caused by Torrential Rains
- » Pope's Climate Change Encyclical Leaves Politicians, Businesses Divided
- » Thunderstorms, Possible Hails Expected Across Bulgaria