2.1 Magnitude Earthquake Recorded near Sofia
A light earthquake measuring 2.1 on the Richter scale was registered in the small hours of Tuesday near Sofia.
According to data of the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy, and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), as cited by Sega daily, the jolt was registered at 2.25 a.m.
The epicenter of the quake was 36 km southeast of Sofia and it occurred at a depth of 10 km.
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Bulgaria’s Burgas Calls Off State of Emergency after Weekend of Heavy Rain
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains