2.1 Magnitude Earthquake Recorded near Sofia
A light earthquake measuring 2.1 on the Richter scale was registered in the small hours of Tuesday near Sofia.
According to data of the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy, and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), as cited by Sega daily, the jolt was registered at 2.25 a.m.
The epicenter of the quake was 36 km southeast of Sofia and it occurred at a depth of 10 km.
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Minor Jolts Registered in SW Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain