2.1 Magnitude Earthquake Recorded near Sofia
A light earthquake measuring 2.1 on the Richter scale was registered in the small hours of Tuesday near Sofia.
According to data of the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy, and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), as cited by Sega daily, the jolt was registered at 2.25 a.m.
The epicenter of the quake was 36 km southeast of Sofia and it occurred at a depth of 10 km.
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Heavy Rains, Thunderstorms Expected in Western Bulgaria on Friday
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Issues Rain, Thunderstorm Warning
- » Divers Get 1 T of Waste Out of Waters Near St Anastasia Island
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Northwest Due to Overflowing Dams
- » Heavy Rain, Expected in Bulgaria on Tuesday, Hail Possible