2.1 Magnitude Earthquake Recorded near Sofia
A light earthquake measuring 2.1 on the Richter scale was registered in the small hours of Tuesday near Sofia.
According to data of the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy, and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS), as cited by Sega daily, the jolt was registered at 2.25 a.m.
The epicenter of the quake was 36 km southeast of Sofia and it occurred at a depth of 10 km.
- » 73% of Bulgaria's Bathing Waters Were of Excellent Quality in 2014
- » Minor Earthquake Registered in Black Sea Near Bulgaria's Primorsko
- » Code Yellow Issued in Five Bulgarian Municipalities
- » Sofia Picks Griffon Vulture as Its Ugly Animal Mascot
- » Bulgaria's Stara Zagora Citizens Protest Against Minks Farm Construction
- » Torrential Rains and Hail Expected in Bulgaria