EU Chiefs Receive Union's Nobel Peace Prize
European Council President Herman Van Rompuy, European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and European Parliament President Martin Schulz have received the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo on behalf of 500 million Europeans.
"Europe has turned from a continent of wars into a continent of peace. Precisely because of this achievement, Europe deserves the Nobel Peace Prize," Thorbjorn Jagland, chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee and Secretary General of the Council of Europe, said at the opening of the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize award ceremony in Oslo on Monday.
EU's Nobel Prize medal will be kept at the House of European History in Brussels.
Four youths from Spain, Italy, Poland and Malta, the winners of an online drawing and essay contest on what peace in Europe means to young people, as well as heads of state and government of EU member states, attended the ceremony.
Bulgaria was represented by its Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry press service said.
"The fact that the Nobel Prize money is to be used for humanitarian projects that benefit children who are victims of war and conflict, shows once again the power of the European idea of solidarity and co-operation," Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov said.
He emphasized that for Bulgaria, today's award also means recognition for our efforts in the Balkans, which are fully in the context of the success of the European idea.
"To be not only an example of tolerance and good neighbourliness, but also a generator of stability in a difficult region, are the top priorities for our country," the Foreign Minister added.
- » Prime Minister Borisov will Participate in the Regular European Council Meeting
- » Bulgaria has One of the Strongest Employment Growth Rates in the EU for the Quarter
- » Bulgaria is Among the EU Countries with the Highest Number of Old Aircraft
- » Kristalina Georgieva: I Expect Bulgaria to Enter the Eurozone Waiting Room Next Year
- » Bulgarian PM: EU integration of the Western Balkans Would be Among the Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU
- » Maria Gabriel: An Expert Group at European Level will Make a Common Definition of the Issue of False News
"European Council President Herman Van Rompuy, European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso and European Parliament President Martin Schulz have received the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo"------Fare(shame)less Warmongers, Arms-to-bandits Suppliers,
International laws Infringers, Whores (P*ssy R**t) Fanciers, Chaos
Disseminators.....It remains to add to the list NATO, Muslim Brothers
& Erdogan for making Nobel Peace Prize absolutely Noble.