Bulgarian Health Minister Reiterates Anti-Smoking Stance
Bulgarian Health Minister Desislava Atanasova has reiterated her firm stance against the potential lifting of the full smoking ban in closed public spaces that was imposed in the country in June.
"Under no circumstances will I back reinstating the old smoking regime for closed spaces," Atanasova told the Bulgarian National Television on Monday.
Atanasova has declared that, even though the Parliament should take all arguments into account when it is discussing the full smoking ban, she would not support its abolishment.
Bulgaria's Parliament will discuss on Thursday the possibility of lifting the full smoking ban in closed public spaces.
Last week, parliamentary health committee head Desislava Daritkova expressed her hope that lawmakers will be reasonable enough not to scrap the full smoking ban.
However, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov surprisingly hinted on Sunday that smoking may be allowed in establishments after 10:00 pm.
- » Today Bulgaria honors the Memory of the Dead Doctors and Medics
- » Yemen Cholera Epidemic: Cases Exceed 500,000 in 4 Months
- » Emergency Number 112 Will not be Left Without a Communication System
- » Former Hospital Director Admitted he did not Have Diploma
- » Dutch Police Arrested 2 Company directors Due To the Egg Scandal
- » West Nile Mosquito Fever Kills Two People in Greece