Plane Crashes in Mexico, Renowned Singer among Casualties
Mexican-American singer Jenni Rivera is feared dead, as the small plane she was traveling in with at least five others crashed in the mountains in northern Mexico.
Authorities have notified the family there were no survivors, the singer's brother, Gustavo Rivera, has told CNN.
There were conflicting reports about the number of people onboard the plane that took off early Sunday from Monterrey, Mexico, and lost contact with air traffic controllers a short time later.
Gustavo Rivera has told CNN that there were six people onboard, including Jenni Rivera, her publicist, her lawyer, a family friend and two pilots. Rivera's father, according to published reports, said there were up to seven people on the plane, though he did not identify those believed to be onboard.
- » CNN: Wounded Veteran Receives First Penis and Scrotum Transplant
- » Huge Amount of Drugs and Explosives were Stored in Rio de Janeiro Airport
- » Finland Ends Experiment with Universal Basic Income
- » Russian Chairwoman Against the Expansion of NATO in Europe
- » WASP-104b: Scientists Discover 'Hot Jupiters', Darkest Planet Ever!
- » Federica Moghereini: The EU Grants an Additional € 3 Billion to Turkey For Refugees