Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Runners Brace for Ethics Hearing
The Ethics Commission for Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council will hold a hearing Monday of the three candidates for the country's next Chief Prosecutor.
The Commission will attempt to establish whether the candidates have been engaged in dishonest or unethical practices.
Chief Prosecutor candidates Glaina Toneva, Sotir Tsatsarov and Borisvlav Sarafov will be acquainted with tip-offs against them and will have the right to defend themselves.
The Commission is expected to be ready with an ethical evaluation of the candidates within a week. The candidates will then have three days to react.
Tip-offs may be submitted until December 13.
The Chief Prosecutor battle is expected to be fierce because 7 members of Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council have already pledged to cast a vote for Tsatsarov, and 5 each for Toneva and Sarafov. 7 votes remain unclear, while a candidate needs a total of 17 votes to win, meaning that the top bidder will, most likely, be designated at runoff.
- » CPC Makes Inspections in the Dairy Sector
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Opened the International Technical Fair in Plovdiv
- » New Road Repairs in Sofia
- » From Tomorrow Vitinya Tunnel to Sofia will be Closed for Repairs
- » Bulgaria Continues to Return to Turkey Asylum Seekers
- » Bulgaria, Greece, Romania and Croatia will help the European Integration of the Western Balkans