Man Arrested for Desecrating 'Miraculous' Virgin Mary Icon in Poland
Police in Poland has arrested a man for pouring red paint over an icon of Virgin Mary considered to be miracle working.
The 58-year-old has been arrested for desecrating the so-called Black Madonna of Czestochowa.
Located in the Jasna Gora Monastery in Czestochowa, southern Poland, the Black Madonna is believed to be miraculous by many Polish and Ukrainian Catholics.
- » Ukrainian PM Asks 20 B from EU to Ink Association Deal
- » Defiant Pro-EU Protesters in Kiev Rebuild Barricades
- » 3 Czech Parties Ink Coalition Agreement
- » Ukrainian Govt Denies Joining Russia's Customs Union
- » Kiev Riot Police Withdraws, Attempt to Oust Protesters Fails
- » Ashton Witnesses Kiev Clashes, Impressed by Ukrainians' Firmness