Man Arrested for Desecrating 'Miraculous' Virgin Mary Icon in Poland
Police in Poland has arrested a man for pouring red paint over an icon of Virgin Mary considered to be miracle working.
The 58-year-old has been arrested for desecrating the so-called Black Madonna of Czestochowa.
Located in the Jasna Gora Monastery in Czestochowa, southern Poland, the Black Madonna is believed to be miraculous by many Polish and Ukrainian Catholics.
- » EU to Extend Support to Farmers over Russia Food Ban by One Year
- » Blast in Skopje Damages Three Cars, No Injuries
- » Turkish Soldiers Killed in PKK Attack, Army Says
- » Investigation to Confirm Whether Debris Found in Indian Ocean Part of Missing MH370
- » Russia Vetoes UN Resolution for Setting Tribunal on MH17 Disaster
- » Turkey Formally Opens Incirlik Air Base for Coalition Strikes on IS