Man Arrested for Desecrating 'Miraculous' Virgin Mary Icon in Poland
Police in Poland has arrested a man for pouring red paint over an icon of Virgin Mary considered to be miracle working.
The 58-year-old has been arrested for desecrating the so-called Black Madonna of Czestochowa.
Located in the Jasna Gora Monastery in Czestochowa, southern Poland, the Black Madonna is believed to be miraculous by many Polish and Ukrainian Catholics.
- » Result of July 5 Referendum in Greece Too Close to Call – Poll
- » Donbass Introduces Special Regime of Self-Governance, to Hold Local Elections
- » Ferry with 173 Capsizes in Central Philippines
- » Ukraine President Says No Special Status for Donbass in Constitution
- » Eurogroup to Halt Talks with Greece Until After Bailout Referendum
- » Islamic State Fighters Reportedly Travelling in EU on Bulgarian Passports