Bulgaria's Hospitals with BGN 350 M Debt - Minister
Bulgaria's public hospitals have a total debt amounting to BGN 350 M, said Bulgarian Minister of Health Desislava Atanasova Sunday.
Accdording to Atansova, this includes BGN 283 M in debt of state hospitals, and BGN 67 M debt of municipal hospitals.
The minister said that the overdue debt of state hospital amounts to some BGN 50 M, but "almost all" of those hospitals have adopted a payment plan.
"We are doing monthly checks at the ministry, and are monitoring the strict execution of those plans," assured Atanasova.
- » Bulgaria Has Fifth Largest Share of Obese Children in Europe – WHO
- » Midwife Guilty of Baby Beating Has Worked 7 24-hour Shifts Monthly
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Foresees Possible Decrease in Number of Hospitals
- » Bulgaria Midwife Who Wounded Baby Regularly Worked 24 Hours On Duty
- » Bulgaria Health System Could Perform Much Better, World Bank Says
- » Hospitals in Bulgaria Use Up to 3 Times More Antibiotics than in Western Europe – Expert