Snow Closes Bulgaria-Serbia Checkpoints for Trucks
A heavy snowfall has caused authorities closing down all crossing points between Bulgaria and Serbia for freight vehicles.
The information has been released by the Bulgarian Road Infrastructure Agency.
The Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has informed that a 11-km column of vehicles has formed on the highway between Subotica and Belgrade due to an overturned Bulgarian truck.
There are no data for injured or distressed Bulgarian citizens, says the ministry.
The Serbian Ministry of Interior has opened the following emergency phone lines due to the snow storms: +381 193 and +381 19 85.
The Bulgarian Foreign Affarirs Ministry also recalls the contacts of Bulgarian diplomatic missions in Serbia:
Embassy in Belgrade: +381 11 36 13 980; +381 11 36 13 990; е-mail: Embassy.Belgrade@mfa.bg.
Consulate in Nis: +381 18 516 800; +381 18 516 700, fax: +381 18 516 900; е-mail: Consulate.Nish@mfa.bg.
- » Amnesty International Slams Bulgaria, EU over Refugees Treatment
- » Refugees Stage New Protest in Bulgarian Capital
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 20 Years in Francophonie
- » Fresh Poll Shows 4% Margin between Major Bulgarian Parties
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Easing Full Smoking Ban