Heavy Snow Claims 5 Lives in Balkans
The heavy snowfall that engulfed much of South-Eastern Europe over the weekend has claimed at least 5 lives.
Four persons have perished in Croatia and two more in Serbia due to dropping temperatures and blizzards, informed authorities.
Cars had to wait for hours on a main Serbian highway leading to Hungary, trapped in snow that accumulated for hours.
The international airport in Croatia's capital Zagreb has remained closed for part of Saturday.
- » Up to 200 out of 700 Houses in Flood-Hit Mizia Are Still Inhabitable
- » 5.1 Earthquake Hits Greek Chalkidiki Peninsula
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
- » Brightest Supermoon in 2 Decades to Be Observed Sunday