Heavy Snow Claims 5 Lives in Balkans
The heavy snowfall that engulfed much of South-Eastern Europe over the weekend has claimed at least 5 lives.
Four persons have perished in Croatia and two more in Serbia due to dropping temperatures and blizzards, informed authorities.
Cars had to wait for hours on a main Serbian highway leading to Hungary, trapped in snow that accumulated for hours.
The international airport in Croatia's capital Zagreb has remained closed for part of Saturday.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday