Romanians Vote in Crucial General Elections
Polling stations in politically divided Romania have opened Sunday for an important parliament vote.
The likelly winner of the elections is the center-left Social Liberal Union led by current Romanian PM Victor Ponta.
Opinion polls ahead of the elections show that the USL might even gather more than half of the vote.
The Union's main rival is the Right Romania Alliance (ARD) masterminded by Romanian President Traian Basescu, and including Dan Diaconescu's People's Party.
18 M Romanians have the right to vote. Polling stations close at 9 pm local time Sunday.
- » A Bulgarian Horo is Going to Take Place For the 5th Time on Brussels’ Central Square
- » Iliana Iotova: ‘We All Need to Unite For Successful EU Presidency
- » Deputy PM Denitsa Zlateva: Caretaker Government Set the Preparations For EU Presidency
- » Bulgaria Starts to Implement New System For Organic Products’s Certification
- » Vera Jourova: EC Has Not Promised to Lift Monitoring on Bulgaria in 2019
- » EC Criticizes Bulgaria Over Accepting Few Immigrants