Romanians Vote in Crucial General Elections
Polling stations in politically divided Romania have opened Sunday for an important parliament vote.
The likelly winner of the elections is the center-left Social Liberal Union led by current Romanian PM Victor Ponta.
Opinion polls ahead of the elections show that the USL might even gather more than half of the vote.
The Union's main rival is the Right Romania Alliance (ARD) masterminded by Romanian President Traian Basescu, and including Dan Diaconescu's People's Party.
18 M Romanians have the right to vote. Polling stations close at 9 pm local time Sunday.
- » EU Asks Bulgaria to Comply with Rules for Energy Consumption of Buildings
- » EC Requests Bulgaria to Ensure Level Playing Field for Groundhandling Service Providers at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria Detains 56 Migrants Trying to Illegally Cross Into Serbia
- » Bulgarians 'Would Vote Remain' If Asked - Poll
- » Canada to Announce Visa Waiver Schedule for Bulgaria, Romania in Autumn
- » Bulgarian Exports to EU Increased by 3.3 % Y/Y in Jan-April