Romanians Vote in Crucial General Elections
Polling stations in politically divided Romania have opened Sunday for an important parliament vote.
The likelly winner of the elections is the center-left Social Liberal Union led by current Romanian PM Victor Ponta.
Opinion polls ahead of the elections show that the USL might even gather more than half of the vote.
The Union's main rival is the Right Romania Alliance (ARD) masterminded by Romanian President Traian Basescu, and including Dan Diaconescu's People's Party.
18 M Romanians have the right to vote. Polling stations close at 9 pm local time Sunday.
- » Bulgaria Only Took In 6 Migrants from Greece Since September
- » Bulgaria To Pay First BGN 3.4 M Installment For Refugees in Turkey
- » EUR 160 M in Financial Assistance For Bulgaria Matter Of Days
- » European Deputy Mariya Gabriel Recognised As One of 25 Most Influential Deputies
- » Non-Schengen EU Members to Meet in Warsaw
- » Bulgaria PM Urges Commitment to EU-Turkey Migrant Deal, Hotspots Outside Europe