Romanians Vote in Crucial General Elections
Polling stations in politically divided Romania have opened Sunday for an important parliament vote.
The likelly winner of the elections is the center-left Social Liberal Union led by current Romanian PM Victor Ponta.
Opinion polls ahead of the elections show that the USL might even gather more than half of the vote.
The Union's main rival is the Right Romania Alliance (ARD) masterminded by Romanian President Traian Basescu, and including Dan Diaconescu's People's Party.
18 M Romanians have the right to vote. Polling stations close at 9 pm local time Sunday.
- » Daniel Mitov: Bulgarians Don't Syphon Off UK Benefits
- » Bulgaria Remains under EU Monitoring over Macroeconomic Imbalances
- » EU Commission Approves Bulgaria's Human Resources Program
- » Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva to Meet Bulgaria President, PM
- » Bulgaria to Get 6% of Requested EUR 300 M under EU Solidarity Fund
- » PES Leader Stanishev Offers to Help Bulgaria Join Schengen