Romanians Vote in Crucial General Elections
Polling stations in politically divided Romania have opened Sunday for an important parliament vote.
The likelly winner of the elections is the center-left Social Liberal Union led by current Romanian PM Victor Ponta.
Opinion polls ahead of the elections show that the USL might even gather more than half of the vote.
The Union's main rival is the Right Romania Alliance (ARD) masterminded by Romanian President Traian Basescu, and including Dan Diaconescu's People's Party.
18 M Romanians have the right to vote. Polling stations close at 9 pm local time Sunday.
- » Bulgaria Drops One Place to #24 by EU Funds Absorption
- » Bulgaria, Hungary Granted Exemption from Migrants' Relocation
- » Opposing Concessions to Greece, Bulgaria PM Urges Help for NW Region
- » Bulgarian PM Calls for European Support in Dealing with Migratory Pressure
- » 14 Projects under Bulgaria’s Operational Program Environment 2007-2013 Considered 'At-Risk'
- » Budgets MEPs Approve Aid of EUR 1.98 M for Flood Repairs in Bulgaria