Romanians Vote in Crucial General Elections
Polling stations in politically divided Romania have opened Sunday for an important parliament vote.
The likelly winner of the elections is the center-left Social Liberal Union led by current Romanian PM Victor Ponta.
Opinion polls ahead of the elections show that the USL might even gather more than half of the vote.
The Union's main rival is the Right Romania Alliance (ARD) masterminded by Romanian President Traian Basescu, and including Dan Diaconescu's People's Party.
18 M Romanians have the right to vote. Polling stations close at 9 pm local time Sunday.
- » EP Approves Right to Basic Bank Account for All EU Residents
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Urges EU to Guarantee Russian Gas Supplies
- » Supreme Court Chair: Time to Set End Date for EC Reports on Bulgaria
- » EC Approves Application Form for Western Arc of Sofia Ringroad
- » Bulgaria Hits Bottom in EC Transport Scoreboard
- » New Regional Aid Map Caps State Funding in Southwest Bulgaria