Bulgaria Anti-Corruption Unit to Improve Public Procurement
Bulgaria's governmetnal anti-corruption agency BORKOR is working on a package of measures to counteract corruption in public procurement, said chair Eleonora Nikolova.
"BORKOR's mandate is not to fight corruption after it has happened, but to create measures for the prevention of corruption," said Nikolova in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio Sunday.
"We have taken up an ambitious and highly modern approach to the prevention of corruption in public procurement," said the BORKOR head.
According to her, the package is based on the concept of e-governance and includes six electronic platforms.
This includes an electronic register of companies participating in public procurement, which is intended to ensure transparency and compliance with requirements.
Another platform will give the opportunity for electronic bidding in procurement procedures.
According to Nikolova, the implementation of the package will create a situation in which there will be much smaller opportunities for fraud in public procurement.
- » Bulgaria Defense Ministry to Dispatch 180 Troops along Border with Turkey
- » Two Bulgarian Nationals Arrested in Libya for Alleged Smuggling
- » Finance Ministry Reverses Controversial Changes to Pension Insurance
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Makes Governance Programme Public
- » Bulgaria Foresees New Investments for Municipalities Hosting Refugees
- » Proposal to Increase Social Insurance Could Lead to Higher Unemployment - CEIB