Bulgaria Anti-Corruption Unit to Improve Public Procurement
Bulgaria's governmetnal anti-corruption agency BORKOR is working on a package of measures to counteract corruption in public procurement, said chair Eleonora Nikolova.
"BORKOR's mandate is not to fight corruption after it has happened, but to create measures for the prevention of corruption," said Nikolova in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio Sunday.
"We have taken up an ambitious and highly modern approach to the prevention of corruption in public procurement," said the BORKOR head.
According to her, the package is based on the concept of e-governance and includes six electronic platforms.
This includes an electronic register of companies participating in public procurement, which is intended to ensure transparency and compliance with requirements.
Another platform will give the opportunity for electronic bidding in procurement procedures.
According to Nikolova, the implementation of the package will create a situation in which there will be much smaller opportunities for fraud in public procurement.
- » Hamas, Fatah 'to Form Unity Government'
- » Atanas Paparizov Elected Head of Bulgaria's Permanent Mission to WTO
- » Environment Ministry to Fine 87 Municipalities over EU Program
- » Finland to Sign Memorandum on NATO Assistance
- » US Increases Military Presence in CEE, Black Sea
- » 15 Parties, 6 Coalitions, 6 Independent Candidates Run in EU Elections