Heavy Snowfall Forecasted for Parts of Bulgaria Sunday
Four regions in Bulgaria will be under code orange Sunday over the forecast for heavy snowfall, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) has announced.
Code orange is effective Sunday for the regions of Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Smolyan and Kardzhali.
Code orange means intense weather situations with potential damage, injuries and casualties.
A more moderate code yellow has been issued for the regions of Vidin, Sofia, Pernik, Kyustendil and Sofia city.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
The rest of the country is under code green.
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rains
- » Sofia Mayor Orders Constant Monitoring of Waterbodies Over Heavy Rainfalls
- » 4 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Alert due to Heavy Rains
- » Berkovitsa Dam Overflowing since Monday, No Risk for People – Mayor
- » Environment Ministry Warns Of New Torrential Rains