Kostov: Bulgaria's Ruling GERB Is Right-Wing Impostor
The rule of Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, is not a right-wing rule, but a fake, according to the leader of the right-wing Democrats for Strong Bulgaria party, DSB, Ivan Kostov.
Speaking for Nova TV Saturday, Kostov blasted once again the policies of the Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, which defines itself as center-right, and like DSB is a member of the European People's Party, EPP.
The politician, who is also a former PM, gave as an example Borisov's praise of Communist dictator, Todor Zhivkov, in saying on several occasions that he would be happy to do for Bulgaria even part of what Zhivkov has done.
"He is not a right-wing politician, he is a fake, and GERB is simply large-scale fraud. This is the reason why DSB does not want a coalition with GERB," said Kostov.
He further criticized the current Cabinet for dealing a heavy blow to the construction business with one third of construction companies disappearing and the real estate market going into bankruptcy.
"During this term nothing has been done that would be even comparable with the rule of previous governments," he concluded.
- » Bulgaria's President to Ask DPS to Form New Cabinet 'Wednesday'
- » Bulgaria's DPS 'Might Keep Gov't Mandate' - Socialist Group Chair
- » Mikov’s Election to Cement Status Quo at BSP - Analysts
- » Former President's Party 'Ready for Talks' with BSP
- » Bulgaria's President to Give Gov't Mandate to Third-Largest Party
- » Bulgarian Socialists OK Stanishev’s Bid for 2 Term as PES President