Opera with Bulgarian Star Soprano Nominated for Grammy
Handel's opera Agrippina where the main part is performed by the Bulgarian prima Alexandrina Pendatchanska has been nominated for the prestigious American Grammy award for Best Opera Recording.
The ceremony will be held on February 10, 2013, in Los Angeles.
The opera is one of the 45 written by Handel (1685 – 1759). The talented Bulgarian soprano has the central role in the documentary about its staging in Berlin.
Agrippina will compete with Berg's Lulu, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, Vivaldi's Teuzzone and Wagner's The Ring of the Nibelung.
- » ‘Spirit of Burgas 2014’ Festival Canceled over Low Funding
- » Violinist Vesko Eschkenazy Receives His Personality in the News Award
- » The Offspring To Play The Entire 'Smash' Album In Sofia
- » Veliko Tarnovo Applying for UNESCO World Heritage Site
- » International Roma Day to be Marked in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Celebrates 135 Years As Bulgaria's Capital