Opera with Bulgarian Star Soprano Nominated for Grammy
Handel's opera Agrippina where the main part is performed by the Bulgarian prima Alexandrina Pendatchanska has been nominated for the prestigious American Grammy award for Best Opera Recording.
The ceremony will be held on February 10, 2013, in Los Angeles.
The opera is one of the 45 written by Handel (1685 – 1759). The talented Bulgarian soprano has the central role in the documentary about its staging in Berlin.
Agrippina will compete with Berg's Lulu, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, Vivaldi's Teuzzone and Wagner's The Ring of the Nibelung.
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Thracian Treasures Return to Bulgaria After Exhibition in Louvre
- » Monument to Elias Canetti Unveiled in Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Sofia Breathes Festival to Start This Sunday
- » Sofia Museum Hosts Louvre Exhibition on Egypt
- » 350 000 People Expected to Attend Bulgaria's Rozhen Folklore Fair