Opera with Bulgarian Star Soprano Nominated for Grammy
Handel's opera Agrippina where the main part is performed by the Bulgarian prima Alexandrina Pendatchanska has been nominated for the prestigious American Grammy award for Best Opera Recording.
The ceremony will be held on February 10, 2013, in Los Angeles.
The opera is one of the 45 written by Handel (1685 – 1759). The talented Bulgarian soprano has the central role in the documentary about its staging in Berlin.
Agrippina will compete with Berg's Lulu, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, Vivaldi's Teuzzone and Wagner's The Ring of the Nibelung.
- » 13-th Tattoo Fest Sofia To Take Place In October
- » Rodin Exhibition in Sofia Extended by Two Weeks
- » Swedish Director Roy Andersson Scoops Best Film Award at Venice Festival
- » 10-th Night Of The Museums To Take Place In Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Be European Capital of Culture in 2019
- » 'Bulgarian Rhapsody' Enters Oscars 2014 Foreign Language Film Contest