Opera with Bulgarian Star Soprano Nominated for Grammy
Handel's opera Agrippina where the main part is performed by the Bulgarian prima Alexandrina Pendatchanska has been nominated for the prestigious American Grammy award for Best Opera Recording.
The ceremony will be held on February 10, 2013, in Los Angeles.
The opera is one of the 45 written by Handel (1685 – 1759). The talented Bulgarian soprano has the central role in the documentary about its staging in Berlin.
Agrippina will compete with Berg's Lulu, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, Vivaldi's Teuzzone and Wagner's The Ring of the Nibelung.
- » Night of Scientists Hosted By Pleven Medical University
- » CineLibri 2016 To Present Frédéric Beigbeder,Arnon Grunberg, Catherine Bernstein, Jiri Menzel
- » Bulgarian PM, Azerbaijan's First Lady Unveil Renovated Historical Site
- » Free-of-Charge Entry to Sofia Municipal Museums on September 22
- » Exhibition of Pulitzer-Winning Bulgarian Photographer Opens in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan's First Lady to Unveil Open-Air Museum in Veliko Tarnovo on Thursday