Opera with Bulgarian Star Soprano Nominated for Grammy
Handel's opera Agrippina where the main part is performed by the Bulgarian prima Alexandrina Pendatchanska has been nominated for the prestigious American Grammy award for Best Opera Recording.
The ceremony will be held on February 10, 2013, in Los Angeles.
The opera is one of the 45 written by Handel (1685 – 1759). The talented Bulgarian soprano has the central role in the documentary about its staging in Berlin.
Agrippina will compete with Berg's Lulu, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, Vivaldi's Teuzzone and Wagner's The Ring of the Nibelung.
- » Night/Plovdiv to Feature Dozens of Events on September 23-24
- » Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson to Open Plovdiv Salon of Arts in September
- » Azam Ali to Perform in Sofia in October
- » Rozhen Folklore Fair Begins Near Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » Bansko Jazz Festival to Feature Musicians from 3 Continents
- » Kyustendil Honours Famous Bulgarian Painter with Large-Scale Portrait on Square