Opera with Bulgarian Star Soprano Nominated for Grammy
Handel's opera Agrippina where the main part is performed by the Bulgarian prima Alexandrina Pendatchanska has been nominated for the prestigious American Grammy award for Best Opera Recording.
The ceremony will be held on February 10, 2013, in Los Angeles.
The opera is one of the 45 written by Handel (1685 – 1759). The talented Bulgarian soprano has the central role in the documentary about its staging in Berlin.
Agrippina will compete with Berg's Lulu, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, Vivaldi's Teuzzone and Wagner's The Ring of the Nibelung.
- » Sofia Hosts International Literary Festival for Children and Youngsters
- » Rapper Kendrick Lamar Wins Pulitzer Prize
- » Three New Bands at the HILLS OF ROCK 2018 Festival
- » 14th Edition of the European Museum Night will Take Place on May 19th
- » Master of Art Film Festival Features 77 Titles from Around the World
- » Embryo Live in Plovidiv