Opera with Bulgarian Star Soprano Nominated for Grammy
Handel's opera Agrippina where the main part is performed by the Bulgarian prima Alexandrina Pendatchanska has been nominated for the prestigious American Grammy award for Best Opera Recording.
The ceremony will be held on February 10, 2013, in Los Angeles.
The opera is one of the 45 written by Handel (1685 – 1759). The talented Bulgarian soprano has the central role in the documentary about its staging in Berlin.
Agrippina will compete with Berg's Lulu, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, Vivaldi's Teuzzone and Wagner's The Ring of the Nibelung.
- » The Urban Culture Festival Sofia Breathes Will Take Place in Sofia This Weekend
- » Bulgarian Film Won an International Prize at Sarajevo Film Festival
- » 10th Edition of the Festival of Folklore Costumes Begins in Zheravna
- » SOLAR SUMMER Festival in Bulgaria Canceled Over Measures Against Loud Music
- » Some of the Most Ancient Vietnamese Rituals will be Presented on 18th August in Sofia
- » Leonardo DiCaprio will Play Leonardo da Vinci