Opera with Bulgarian Star Soprano Nominated for Grammy
Handel's opera Agrippina where the main part is performed by the Bulgarian prima Alexandrina Pendatchanska has been nominated for the prestigious American Grammy award for Best Opera Recording.
The ceremony will be held on February 10, 2013, in Los Angeles.
The opera is one of the 45 written by Handel (1685 – 1759). The talented Bulgarian soprano has the central role in the documentary about its staging in Berlin.
Agrippina will compete with Berg's Lulu, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, Vivaldi's Teuzzone and Wagner's The Ring of the Nibelung.
- » Bulgarian National TV Begins Preparations for Hosting Junior Eurovision
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
- » New High-Tech Theater Performance Premieres in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Calls for Turning Cinema into National Priority
- » New Spring Season of Future Shorts Film Festival Comes to Sofia
- » Bulgarian Fantasy Animation Based on Traditional Folklore to be Released Soon