Opera with Bulgarian Star Soprano Nominated for Grammy
Handel's opera Agrippina where the main part is performed by the Bulgarian prima Alexandrina Pendatchanska has been nominated for the prestigious American Grammy award for Best Opera Recording.
The ceremony will be held on February 10, 2013, in Los Angeles.
The opera is one of the 45 written by Handel (1685 – 1759). The talented Bulgarian soprano has the central role in the documentary about its staging in Berlin.
Agrippina will compete with Berg's Lulu, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, Vivaldi's Teuzzone and Wagner's The Ring of the Nibelung.
- » Theodore Ushev Received the Order "Chevalier of Arts and Culture" of France
- » Harry Potter is the Most Read Book Among Teenagers in Bulgaria
- » Leonardo da Vinci Painting 'Salvator Mundi' to be Auctioned for USD 100M
- » Blade Runner 2049 Headed the American Box Office
- » The Nobel Prize for Literature goes to Kazuo Ishiguro
- » Urban Art Fair 2017 Will Take Place in Sofia in October