Opera with Bulgarian Star Soprano Nominated for Grammy
Handel's opera Agrippina where the main part is performed by the Bulgarian prima Alexandrina Pendatchanska has been nominated for the prestigious American Grammy award for Best Opera Recording.
The ceremony will be held on February 10, 2013, in Los Angeles.
The opera is one of the 45 written by Handel (1685 – 1759). The talented Bulgarian soprano has the central role in the documentary about its staging in Berlin.
Agrippina will compete with Berg's Lulu, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, Vivaldi's Teuzzone and Wagner's The Ring of the Nibelung.
- » Orthodox Christians Hail St Demetrius
- » Bulgaria's Rakursi Gallery To Present Moonlight Reflections-Guanlan by Veliko Marinchevski
- » So Independent Festival To Host Sundance, Tribeca, Cannes Movies in Sofia
- » Stage of Centuries Opera Season To Be Launched in Bulgaria's Tarnovo in 2017
- » One Dance Week Features Performances from France, Korea on Oct 13-14
- » Russian Impressionists Featured in Bulgaria for 1st Time