New Bomb Threat Closes Sofia Court Building
A phone call, alerting about a bomb at the Sofia Regional Court, has been placed on the emergency 112 hotline Friday.
The information was reported by the Sofia Directorate of the Interior Ministry, cited by the Bulgarian 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily.
People inside the building have been evacuated. The police and the bomb squad searched the premises and did not find any trace of explosives. The Court has already resumed work.
This is the latest incident in the recent wave of anonymous bomb threats in Bulgaria.
Also on Friday, two court buildings in the Black Sea city of Varna received bomb alerts.
The bomb alerts targeting Varna's Regional Court and District Court were received at approximately 9:00 am.
The initial reports were that both buildings were evacuated and all hearings were postponed, but it was announced later that the magistrates and other staff signed a declaration that they want to remain inside and continue their work.
The Varna Courts inform all trials and services are on schedule Friday afternoon.
The building of the Technical University in Varna was also temporary closed last week over a bomb threat.
Numerous bomb threats targeting court buildings, shopping malls and schools have been also received in the capital Sofia over the past few weeks. Police have not discovered explosive devices.
- » Irish Revenue Seize over 18,000 Smuggled Cigarettes Originating from Bulgaria, Ukraine
- » Homeless Person Accused for Fire in Plovdiv's Tobacco Warehouse
- » Bulgaria Charges Four Afghans with Attempted Smuggling of 29 Syrian Migrants from Turkey
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
- » Former Road Infrastructure Agency Chief found innocent in scandalous court case
- » Bulgaria to Turn over Mourad Hamyd to France