Bulgaria Says Ready to Support Montenegro in EU Talks
Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov has declared Sofia's readiness to support Montenegro in the process of its talks for EU accession.
Mladenov spoke Thursday in Sofia at a news conference with Aleksandar Pejovi?, State Secretary for European Integration and Chief Negotiator for Negotiations on the Accession of Montenegro to the European Union.
"Montenegro is a country that currently is moving very dynamically on its path, starting with the opening of negotiations on EU accession. It is a country that is also working consistently on its Euro-Atlantic integration. It is investing in good relations with its neighbors, which is an important factor in its success and an example to the entire region," he stated.
"The negotiation process requires serious effort and capacity and Bulgaria is ready to support Montenegro in this regard", Minister Mladenov said.
He added the two countries have signed a Memorandum of Cooperation in the field of European and Euro-Atlantic integration that needs to be implemented in practice.
"Bulgaria can share its experience and expertise in many areas related to preparations for membership, including mechanisms applied in the negotiation process, the approach when coming up with positions in that process, preparing the public administration and how to engage experts from civil society in the process," the Bulgarian Foreign Minister said.
Montenegro values Bulgaria's support and wants to continue to work towards deepening co-operation between the two countries in the field of European and Euro-Atlantic integration, Montenegro's State Secretary Pejovic said.
We can work together for an even better and stable region, fully integrated into the EU, he added.
Minister Mladenov said that the two countries should endeavor to establish a mechanism for regular inter-governmental consultations.
- » Meeting of Heads of Parliamentary Committees for Union Affairs Held in Sofia
- » Borisov to the MEPs: If there is so much Corruption, How are we Always First in Elections (Video)
- » Boyko Borisov Presents the Presidency's Priorities to the European Parliament
- » Experts Argue Whether Prices Would Rise if Bulgaria Introduces the Euro
- » The Speech of Donald Tusk Delivered in Bulgarian (Video)
- » Euronews: Bulgaria is Applying for Schengen by Strictly Guarding its Border with Turkey