Sofia Ranked Last in EU by Quality of Living
The Bulgarian capital Sofia is last among European Union capitals by the quality of living, according to the ranking of the American consulting company Mercer.
Out of a total of 221 capitals globally, Sofia is 113th while the capital of neighboring Romania, Bucharest is 107th – both the lowest ranking capitals in the EU.
Bucharest, however, keeps its last year's spot, while Sofia has slipped even further.
In CEE, Prague has ranked the highest – 69th, followed by Budapest – 74th, Ljubljana – 75th, Vilnius – 79th and Warsaw – 84th.
Athens is 83rd. Tbilisi is the lowest ranked European city – 213th.
As in previous years, European cities dominate the rankings, snagging 15 of the top 25 slots.
Vienna is ranked number 1 in the Quality of Living ranking, followed by Zurich and Auckland.
In a separate ranking of cities based on their infrastructure, Singapore is number 1.
Baghdad is in the last (221st) spot for Quality of Living; Port-au-Prince, Haiti, is in the last spot for infrastructure
The ranking aims at helping international companies and other organizations in offering adequate salaries to their employees around the globe. The base city for comparison is New York.
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists to Work on Uncovering Acropolis of Perperikon
- » Bulgarian National Television Releases Trailer for 2015 Junior Eurovision
- » Video Promotes Bulgaria's Plovdiv as 2019 European Capital of Culture
- » School Teachers in Bulgaria Decreased by 70 % in Past Fifteen Years
- » 73% of Bulgaria's Bathing Waters Were of Excellent Quality in 2014
- » Fatboy Slim to Headline This Year's SOLAR SUMMER