Sofia Ranked Last in EU by Quality of Living
The Bulgarian capital Sofia is last among European Union capitals by the quality of living, according to the ranking of the American consulting company Mercer.
Out of a total of 221 capitals globally, Sofia is 113th while the capital of neighboring Romania, Bucharest is 107th – both the lowest ranking capitals in the EU.
Bucharest, however, keeps its last year's spot, while Sofia has slipped even further.
In CEE, Prague has ranked the highest – 69th, followed by Budapest – 74th, Ljubljana – 75th, Vilnius – 79th and Warsaw – 84th.
Athens is 83rd. Tbilisi is the lowest ranked European city – 213th.
As in previous years, European cities dominate the rankings, snagging 15 of the top 25 slots.
Vienna is ranked number 1 in the Quality of Living ranking, followed by Zurich and Auckland.
In a separate ranking of cities based on their infrastructure, Singapore is number 1.
Baghdad is in the last (221st) spot for Quality of Living; Port-au-Prince, Haiti, is in the last spot for infrastructure
The ranking aims at helping international companies and other organizations in offering adequate salaries to their employees around the globe. The base city for comparison is New York.
- » Avalanche Buried 10 Climbers on Mongolian Peak Odon Tanger
- » Winter Road Maintenance Begins from November 1
- » Budget 2018 Envisages Additional 400 mln for Healthcare
- » From 2019 90% of the Territory of Bulgaria will be Protected from Hailstorms
- » Taxi Crashed into the Car of the Leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party
- » 40% of the Places in the Higher Education Institutions in Bulgaria Remain Vacant