Sofia Ranked Last in EU by Quality of Living
The Bulgarian capital Sofia is last among European Union capitals by the quality of living, according to the ranking of the American consulting company Mercer.
Out of a total of 221 capitals globally, Sofia is 113th while the capital of neighboring Romania, Bucharest is 107th – both the lowest ranking capitals in the EU.
Bucharest, however, keeps its last year's spot, while Sofia has slipped even further.
In CEE, Prague has ranked the highest – 69th, followed by Budapest – 74th, Ljubljana – 75th, Vilnius – 79th and Warsaw – 84th.
Athens is 83rd. Tbilisi is the lowest ranked European city – 213th.
As in previous years, European cities dominate the rankings, snagging 15 of the top 25 slots.
Vienna is ranked number 1 in the Quality of Living ranking, followed by Zurich and Auckland.
In a separate ranking of cities based on their infrastructure, Singapore is number 1.
Baghdad is in the last (221st) spot for Quality of Living; Port-au-Prince, Haiti, is in the last spot for infrastructure
The ranking aims at helping international companies and other organizations in offering adequate salaries to their employees around the globe. The base city for comparison is New York.
- » Orthodox Christians Hail St Demetrius
- » Bulgaria's President: New Education Models Must Reflect Migration, Demographic Problems
- » Over 60 Cases of Pedophiles Online Uncovered So Far in 2016 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rakursi Gallery To Present Moonlight Reflections-Guanlan by Veliko Marinchevski
- » Roma to Make Up 1/4 of New Entries into Bulgaria's Labour Market in 2020
- » Asylum Seekers Protest in Bulgaria over Poor Conditions