Bulgaria's Fishermen, Bankers Honor St Nikolas
Bulgarian fishermen, sailors and bankers are celebrating on December 6 their common patron, Christian St Nicholas.
According to the mythology, St Nicholas is roaming the seas and helping ships that might be in trouble. He is also believed to be the master of sea winds.
The traditional Nikulden dish is oven-baked carp, stuffed with rice, walnuts, raisins and herbs. Bulgarian tradition requires for the fishbones to be then reduced to ashes, buried underground or thrown down a river. This ritual is believed to bring well-being to the family.
Meanwhile, on the Christian orthodox tradition, people named Nikolay, Nikola and Nikolina invite friends and family members to big Name's Day parties.
- » The Oscar-nominated Bulgarian: Our Government is Fake
- » UK's Top Hobbies
- » Watch the Documentary Movie For Dobri Dobrev - a Bulgarian Man Known For His Extreme Generosity
- » Berlin Film Festival Kicked Off Today
- » Today Begins The 68th International Film Festival in Berlin
- » The ABBA Show is Coming for the First Time in Bulgaria