Missing Businessman from Bulgaria's Varna Found Dead
Krasimir Petrov, a 49-year-old businessman from the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Varna, has been found shot in the head.
Petrov went missing on November 6, 2012, and was declared wanted by the police. His body was discovered by a local shepherd in a forest area near Varna, the Cross news agency reported.
His death was caused by a gun shot in the head, and according to the initial conclusions of the investigators, the man committed suicide.
No clues of a murder or violent death have been found by the police, the report says. However, the investigators are yet to figure out the exact time of Petrov's death.
After the Varna businessman went missing, there were local reports that he had accrued enormous debts and was unable to pay them back.
- » Englishwoman Reportedly Found Dead in Bulgarian Village, Murder Suspected
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing