Bulgarian Right-Wingers Want FinMin, Health Insurance Head Axed
Bulgaria's right-wing Blue Coalition has demanded the resignations of Finance Minister Simeon Djankov and the director of the National Health Insurance Fund over what it perceives as failed policies.
Blue Coalition MP Vanyo Sharkov has told reporters that Djankova has turned the National Health Insurance Fund into his "personal piggy-bank."
The right-wing coalition also wants the Fund's director to resign over his "failure to defend the interests of health insured Bulgarian citizens."
Over the last two years, the Ministry of Finance has stolen some BGN 59 M from Bulgarians' health insurance money, the Blue Coalition argued on Wednesday.
Blue Coalition lawmakers have also reminded that VAT on medications in Bulgaria is the highest in the European Union, which results in very expensive medications.
- » Fingerprint Identification to be Introduced in Bulgarian Hospitals by September 25
- » Most Medicine Graduates in Bulgaria's Sofia Willing to Leave Country
- » Bulgarian Doctors to Hold National Protest in Downtown Sofia
- » Doctors From Private Hospitals Stage Protest in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian GPs Vow to End Protest on Monday
- » Protest of Bulgarian GPs Grows Further as Ten More Regions Join