Bulgarian Right-Wingers Want FinMin, Health Insurance Head Axed
Bulgaria's right-wing Blue Coalition has demanded the resignations of Finance Minister Simeon Djankov and the director of the National Health Insurance Fund over what it perceives as failed policies.
Blue Coalition MP Vanyo Sharkov has told reporters that Djankova has turned the National Health Insurance Fund into his "personal piggy-bank."
The right-wing coalition also wants the Fund's director to resign over his "failure to defend the interests of health insured Bulgarian citizens."
Over the last two years, the Ministry of Finance has stolen some BGN 59 M from Bulgarians' health insurance money, the Blue Coalition argued on Wednesday.
Blue Coalition lawmakers have also reminded that VAT on medications in Bulgaria is the highest in the European Union, which results in very expensive medications.
- » Today Bulgaria honors the Memory of the Dead Doctors and Medics
- » Yemen Cholera Epidemic: Cases Exceed 500,000 in 4 Months
- » Emergency Number 112 Will not be Left Without a Communication System
- » Former Hospital Director Admitted he did not Have Diploma
- » Dutch Police Arrested 2 Company directors Due To the Egg Scandal
- » West Nile Mosquito Fever Kills Two People in Greece