Serbian Ambassador to NATO Commits Suicide in Brussels
Serbia's Ambassador to NATO Branislav Milinkovic has committed suicide in Brussels, officials have confirmed.
The Serbian ambassador to NATO has committed suicide by leaping from a busy parking garage platform at Brussels airport, according to Serbian officials, as cited by international media.
A Serbian government statement said Wednesday that the envoy, Branislav Milinkovic, 52, died instantly on Tuesday night.
A diplomat who could not be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the media said Milinkovic suddenly jumped from the 8- to 10-meter-high platform while waiting with the Serbian delegation for foreign ministry officials due to hold talks with NATO officials.
Serbia is not a member of the military alliance, but has a mission in the headquarters complex. Milinkovic, a former journalist, previously served as Serbia's ambassador to Austria.
His suicide occurred during two days of meetings of NATO foreign ministers in Brussels.
- » Three-Way Summit to Lay Basis for Supplying Turkmen Gas to Europe
- » Migrants Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 242,000 so far in 2016 – IOM
- » Some 4,700 People Remanded in Custody in Turkey over Failed Coup Attempt
- » Turkish Airlines to Maintain Normal Operations during Emergency Rule
- » France Charges Five Suspects over Nice Truck Attack
- » EU’s Mogherini Calls on Turkey to Respect Human Rights during Emergency Rule