Serbian Ambassador to NATO Commits Suicide in Brussels
Serbia's Ambassador to NATO Branislav Milinkovic has committed suicide in Brussels, officials have confirmed.
The Serbian ambassador to NATO has committed suicide by leaping from a busy parking garage platform at Brussels airport, according to Serbian officials, as cited by international media.
A Serbian government statement said Wednesday that the envoy, Branislav Milinkovic, 52, died instantly on Tuesday night.
A diplomat who could not be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the media said Milinkovic suddenly jumped from the 8- to 10-meter-high platform while waiting with the Serbian delegation for foreign ministry officials due to hold talks with NATO officials.
Serbia is not a member of the military alliance, but has a mission in the headquarters complex. Milinkovic, a former journalist, previously served as Serbia's ambassador to Austria.
His suicide occurred during two days of meetings of NATO foreign ministers in Brussels.
- » Gazprom Targets 5% Rise in Gas Exports to Europe in 2015
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Zoran Zaev to Visit Bulgaria Friday - SDSM
- » Venezuela Says Agrees with Russia on USD 14 B Investment in Oil/Gas Sector
- » FIFA President Blatter Shows No Intention to Resign as Pressure Builds Up
- » UK Set on Quitting EU if Reforms Are Not Effective
- » Serbian, Albanian PMs Agree to Disagree on Kosovo, Seek Closer Cooperation