Serbian Ambassador to NATO Commits Suicide in Brussels
Serbia's Ambassador to NATO Branislav Milinkovic has committed suicide in Brussels, officials have confirmed.
The Serbian ambassador to NATO has committed suicide by leaping from a busy parking garage platform at Brussels airport, according to Serbian officials, as cited by international media.
A Serbian government statement said Wednesday that the envoy, Branislav Milinkovic, 52, died instantly on Tuesday night.
A diplomat who could not be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the media said Milinkovic suddenly jumped from the 8- to 10-meter-high platform while waiting with the Serbian delegation for foreign ministry officials due to hold talks with NATO officials.
Serbia is not a member of the military alliance, but has a mission in the headquarters complex. Milinkovic, a former journalist, previously served as Serbia's ambassador to Austria.
His suicide occurred during two days of meetings of NATO foreign ministers in Brussels.
- » EU Urges Hungary to Ensure Migrant Holding Camps Comply With Asylum Rules
- » Russia's FM: After Bulgaria's Elections, No One Is Talking About Russian Interference
- » Balkan Turks Federation To Sue Bulgaria
- » Turkey Spying on Its Citizens in Germany
- » Austria Wants To Leave EU's Migrant Quota Programme
- » David Davis, Brexit Secretary: Policy to be Managed According to the Needs of UK Economy