Serbian Ambassador to NATO Commits Suicide in Brussels
Serbia's Ambassador to NATO Branislav Milinkovic has committed suicide in Brussels, officials have confirmed.
The Serbian ambassador to NATO has committed suicide by leaping from a busy parking garage platform at Brussels airport, according to Serbian officials, as cited by international media.
A Serbian government statement said Wednesday that the envoy, Branislav Milinkovic, 52, died instantly on Tuesday night.
A diplomat who could not be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the media said Milinkovic suddenly jumped from the 8- to 10-meter-high platform while waiting with the Serbian delegation for foreign ministry officials due to hold talks with NATO officials.
Serbia is not a member of the military alliance, but has a mission in the headquarters complex. Milinkovic, a former journalist, previously served as Serbia's ambassador to Austria.
His suicide occurred during two days of meetings of NATO foreign ministers in Brussels.
- » EU Says Wants Clear Brexit Commitments From Britain
- » Catalonia Аhead of Мore Planned Protests by Referendum Supporters
- » Muslims in the EU: High Levels of Trust Despite Pervasive Discrimination
- » Merkel's Party Dips in Poll but Still Way Ahead Before Sunday Vote
- » Saudi Arabia Lifts the Ban on Video and Voice Calls
- » EU Report: Muslim Migrants Believe in Europe and Consider it their Home