If He Was Bulgarian Obama Would Vote for Borisov
If I was in Bulgaria, I would vote for Boyko Borisov, US President, Barack Obama has said.
These have been Obama's words during his December 3 meeting in the Oval Office with Bulgarian Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, according to the country's Foreign Affairs Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, cited Wednesday by the Bulgarian Trud (Labor) daily.
The talk between the US President and Bulgaria's PM made headlines in all Bulgarian media, but remained largely unreported internationally.
The meeting revolved around topics such as the diversification of energy sources, the July 2012 terror act in Bulgaria's Black Sea City of Burgas, which killed five Israeli tourists and their Bulgarian bus driver, joint NATO missions, and lifting the US visa regime for Bulgarians, among others.
- » Polish Sejm Delegation Visits Bulgaria's Parliament
- » Future Bulgarian Ambassador to Turkey to Seek New Basis of Bilateral Relations
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea to Send EU Special Representative to Macedonia – Minister
- » Cabinet Proposes Former Foreign Minister as New Bulgarian Ambassador to Turkey
- » Bulgaria President to Take Over SE European Cooperation Process
- » Croatia’s Foreign Minister Arrives in Bulgaria for Official Visit