If He Was Bulgarian Obama Would Vote for Borisov
If I was in Bulgaria, I would vote for Boyko Borisov, US President, Barack Obama has said.
These have been Obama's words during his December 3 meeting in the Oval Office with Bulgarian Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, according to the country's Foreign Affairs Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, cited Wednesday by the Bulgarian Trud (Labor) daily.
The talk between the US President and Bulgaria's PM made headlines in all Bulgarian media, but remained largely unreported internationally.
The meeting revolved around topics such as the diversification of energy sources, the July 2012 terror act in Bulgaria's Black Sea City of Burgas, which killed five Israeli tourists and their Bulgarian bus driver, joint NATO missions, and lifting the US visa regime for Bulgarians, among others.
- » Bulgaria Counts on Austria's Support for Schengen Bid - PM
- » Bulgaria, Austria Back South Stream Project Compliant With EU Law
- » Austria's President Heinz Fischer To Visit Bulgaria
- » Kosovo President Receives Bulgaria's Ambassador for Farewell Visit
- » Bulgaria’s President to Attend 10th Asia-Europe Meeting in Milan
- » Government Dismisses Bulgaria's Honorary Consul In Ukraine