Syria Rebels Kill 29 Students, Teacher, Journalist
The heavily armed Syrian opposition has killed at least Syrian 29 school students and their teacher when it shelled their school Tuesday.
The tragic incident happened in the Wafideen camp, where refugees from the Golan Heights are housed, reports ITAR-TASS.
The killing has been confirmed by the independent Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, in addition to being reported by Syrian government media.
In a separate incident Tuesday, a journalist working for a paper related to the embattled regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad was shot in Damascus while going to work.
For months on, Syria has been torn by a bloody civil war that has claimed the lives of tens of thousands.
- » Austria Adopts New Tougher Asylum Law
- » Suicide Bombing in Turkey’s Bursa Injures at least 13 People
- » Spain to Hold Early Election in June amid Political Deadlock
- » Almost 182,000 Migrants Enter Europe by Sea since Start of 2016
- » Bulgaria President Dismisses Attacks over Joint Brigade with Ukraine
- » Austria Re-introduces Checks on Border with Hungary