Clinton Praises Obama-Borisov Meeting - Bulgarian FM
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has described Monday's meeting between Barack Obama and Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov as "historic" in the two countries' relations, the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry has revealed in a statement.
Upon receiving Borisov for a meeting in the White House on Monday, Obama noted that Bulgaria has proven to be one of the most outstanding NATO allies of the USA.
Clinton met with Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov on Tuesday within the framework of a meeting of NATO foreign ministers in Brussels.
Mladenov highlighted energy security and diversification, the abolition of visas for Bulgarian citizens, and social insurance for Bulgarians in the United States as important issues in the countries' bilateral co-operation.
The crisis in Syria and its impact on regional security, as well as the Euro-Atlantic perspectives of the Western Balkans, were among the topics discussed, the Bulgarian Foreign Minsitry says.
- » Russophiles-Russophobes Divide in Bulgaria 'Artificial' - FM
- » Bulgarian Woman among Injured in Istanbul Nightclub Attack
- » Bulgarian FM Sees Trump's Call as Good Sign
- » Donald Trump 'Hopes to Meet Bulgaria PM Soon'
- » Bulgaria, USA Agreement on Access to Information To Be Signed
- » Bulgaria Denies Backing Freeze of Turkey's EU Talks