Cargo Ship Sinks Off Turkey, at Least 1 Dead
At least one person has been reported dead after a cargo ship capsized in storm off the Turkish coast on Tuesday.
Three crew members have been rescued so far, while at least nine are missing, RIA Novosti says.
Twelve crew members were on board the Volgo Balt 199 - reportedly 11 Ukrainian nationals, and one Russian.
The ship, owned by the Solna Maritime Company and sailing under the flag of St Kitts and Nevis, was carrying coal from Russia to southern Turkey.
The Volgo Balt 199 sank off the town of Sile, in Istanbul province to the east of the city.
A second ship is said to be in difficulty amid stormy weather, according to BBC.
- » Hungary Mulls Unprecedented Internet Tax
- » European Union to Boost Ebola Research with EUR 24.4M
- » Sweden Ends Search for Suspected Submarine
- » Doctor Back from Africa Tests Positive for Ebola at New York Hospital
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam