10 Nabbed for EUR 25 M Tax Fraud in Bulgaria
The Bulgarian police have detained a group of 10 persons suspected in having carried out massive tax fraud using an elaborate system of corporate scam.
The group, which has been tracked by investigators for months, is estimated to have defrauded the budget with some BGN 50 M since 2007.
To that end, it used various devices, including creating missing trader companies that executed ficticious transactions, declaring lower amounts on actual transactions, and transfering income to offshore companies.
During the operation, police also seized considerable material evidence, including a large amount in cash being handed down the group, a number of computers, as well as hard-copy company paperwork.
The Bulgarian National Revenue Agency has levied a BGN 5 M distraint on various assets held by the group. Further investigations are under way.
- » Number of Crimes Registered In Sofia Down
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.