10 Nabbed for EUR 25 M Tax Fraud in Bulgaria
The Bulgarian police have detained a group of 10 persons suspected in having carried out massive tax fraud using an elaborate system of corporate scam.
The group, which has been tracked by investigators for months, is estimated to have defrauded the budget with some BGN 50 M since 2007.
To that end, it used various devices, including creating missing trader companies that executed ficticious transactions, declaring lower amounts on actual transactions, and transfering income to offshore companies.
During the operation, police also seized considerable material evidence, including a large amount in cash being handed down the group, a number of computers, as well as hard-copy company paperwork.
The Bulgarian National Revenue Agency has levied a BGN 5 M distraint on various assets held by the group. Further investigations are under way.
- » Suicide Bomber Kills 26 in Kabul Attack
- » The Police Busted a Group of Human Traffickers, 18 People were Arrested
- » Suspect in Bombings in Austin Committed Suicide
- » Midnight Drama in Varna, a Man Killed a Neighbor and Killed Himself
- » The Police Caught an Organised Criminal Group Robbing Casinos
- » Three Migrant Traffickers Arrested Near Turkish Border