Iran Downs US Drone over Persian Gulf - Report
The Iranian Revolutionary Guard has announced it has downed an American unmanned plane that entered Iran's airspace.
According to the statement, the drone is a ScanEagle and has made a number of reconoissance flights over the Persian Gulf in the end of November.
According to Iranian sources, the plane, probably launched from a large battleship in the gulf, hade encroached upon Iran's airspace.
In response, the US Navy has said that they are checking the information, but have no records of a drone missing.
The US Navy also added that the drone mission that the Revolutionary Guard probably refers to had been conducted in international airspace.
- » Hundreds of Migrants Feared Dead as Boat Sinks off Libya
- » Greek President Appoints Caretaker Prime Minister Ahead of Early Elections
- » Austrian Authorities Find At Least Twenty Dead Migrants in Truck
- » Don’t Take Hitchhikers in Greece, Bulgaria Tells Its Motorists
- » Hungary Fires Tear Gas to Prevent Migrants to Leave Reception Centre
- » Serbia, Kosovo Mark Progress in Relations After Signing Four Key Agreements