Iran Downs US Drone over Persian Gulf - Report
The Iranian Revolutionary Guard has announced it has downed an American unmanned plane that entered Iran's airspace.
According to the statement, the drone is a ScanEagle and has made a number of reconoissance flights over the Persian Gulf in the end of November.
According to Iranian sources, the plane, probably launched from a large battleship in the gulf, hade encroached upon Iran's airspace.
In response, the US Navy has said that they are checking the information, but have no records of a drone missing.
The US Navy also added that the drone mission that the Revolutionary Guard probably refers to had been conducted in international airspace.
- » Doctor Back from Africa Tests Positive for Ebola at New York Hospital
- » Ottawa Shooting Suspect Identified as Canadian Islamic Convert Michael Zehaf-Bibeau
- » US Air Strikes Help Iraq Repel IS Offensive on Mosul Dam
- » European Parliament Approves Jean-Claude Juncker Commission
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign