Iran Downs US Drone over Persian Gulf - Report
The Iranian Revolutionary Guard has announced it has downed an American unmanned plane that entered Iran's airspace.
According to the statement, the drone is a ScanEagle and has made a number of reconoissance flights over the Persian Gulf in the end of November.
According to Iranian sources, the plane, probably launched from a large battleship in the gulf, hade encroached upon Iran's airspace.
In response, the US Navy has said that they are checking the information, but have no records of a drone missing.
The US Navy also added that the drone mission that the Revolutionary Guard probably refers to had been conducted in international airspace.
- » Surviving Pilot Says Turkey Issued No Warning Before Shooting down Russian Warplane
- » IS Group Claims Responsibility for Tunis Blast
- » ECB Puts New EUR 20 Note into Circulation
- » Turkey President: No Escalation Wanted after Russian Plane Downing
- » Russia's Lavrov Calls Jet Downing 'Planned Provocation'
- » Putin: Turkish Leadership Purposefully Pursues Islamisation of Country