Iran Downs US Drone over Persian Gulf - Report
The Iranian Revolutionary Guard has announced it has downed an American unmanned plane that entered Iran's airspace.
According to the statement, the drone is a ScanEagle and has made a number of reconoissance flights over the Persian Gulf in the end of November.
According to Iranian sources, the plane, probably launched from a large battleship in the gulf, hade encroached upon Iran's airspace.
In response, the US Navy has said that they are checking the information, but have no records of a drone missing.
The US Navy also added that the drone mission that the Revolutionary Guard probably refers to had been conducted in international airspace.
- » New Tax Hikes Force Rise in Relocation of Greek Firms to Bulgaria
- » Migration-Wary Bulgaria, Greece Agree to Hold Joint Special Forces Exercise at Border
- » Islamic State Group Claims Responsibility for Normandy Church Attack
- » Quarter of a Million Migrants Arrive by Sea in Europe so far in 2016
- » Priest Killed in Hostage Siege in Normandy
- » Erdogan, Putin to Meet in Two Weeks