Iran Downs US Drone over Persian Gulf - Report
The Iranian Revolutionary Guard has announced it has downed an American unmanned plane that entered Iran's airspace.
According to the statement, the drone is a ScanEagle and has made a number of reconoissance flights over the Persian Gulf in the end of November.
According to Iranian sources, the plane, probably launched from a large battleship in the gulf, hade encroached upon Iran's airspace.
In response, the US Navy has said that they are checking the information, but have no records of a drone missing.
The US Navy also added that the drone mission that the Revolutionary Guard probably refers to had been conducted in international airspace.
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y
- » NATO Reports 'Unusual' Increase Of Russian Warplanes Over Europe
- » Military Plane Crashes in California, Killing Pilot
- » Hungary Rocked by Huge Protest over Controversial Internet Tax
- » Poland Denies Deploying Troops Near Ukraine