Sofia Airport Finally Gets New ATC Tower
The construction of a new air traffic control tower at Sofia airport has finally been completed, its official inauguration due on Wednesday.
The new air traffic control tower is located at Terminal 2 and will be put into operations right after its official opening on Wednesday, taking over the duties of the airport older tower at Terminal 1.
The new tower is 50m high and according to plans it should be kept functional for the next 40 years.
The cost of its construction totaled BGN 15 M.
Construction company Glavbolgarstroy secured a contract from the Bulgarian Air Traffic Services Authority (BULATSA) for the preliminary design and construction of a new control tower at Sofia Airport in the summer last year.
- » Bulgaria Expects Budget Surplus to Exceed BGN 2.3 B at End of April
- » Network of Electric Bicycles to Connect Bulgaria, Romania
- » Competition for New Tourist Logo of Bulgaria Fails to Select Winner
- » Bulgaria's Competition Watchdog Fines Two Regional TV, Internet Providers
- » Gazprom Puts Forward New South Stream Route
- » Bulgaria's NEK Repays EUR 309 M Debt to Local Unit of U.S.-based AES Corp