Sofia Airport Finally Gets New ATC Tower
The construction of a new air traffic control tower at Sofia airport has finally been completed, its official inauguration due on Wednesday.
The new air traffic control tower is located at Terminal 2 and will be put into operations right after its official opening on Wednesday, taking over the duties of the airport older tower at Terminal 1.
The new tower is 50m high and according to plans it should be kept functional for the next 40 years.
The cost of its construction totaled BGN 15 M.
Construction company Glavbolgarstroy secured a contract from the Bulgarian Air Traffic Services Authority (BULATSA) for the preliminary design and construction of a new control tower at Sofia Airport in the summer last year.
- » Bulgaria's PM Plamen Oresharski Resigns
- » Bulgarian President to Turn 1st Sod on Scientific&Tech Park in Sofia
- » Bulgaria to Sign Road Transport Agreement with Kosovo
- » Bulgarian National Bank Reports Increase in Bank Deposits
- » Bulgaria's State Debt Rose by BGN 1 B in June
- » Class A Office Space Rental Rates in Sofia Record 8.3% Growth Y/Y