Sofia Airport Finally Gets New ATC Tower
The construction of a new air traffic control tower at Sofia airport has finally been completed, its official inauguration due on Wednesday.
The new air traffic control tower is located at Terminal 2 and will be put into operations right after its official opening on Wednesday, taking over the duties of the airport older tower at Terminal 1.
The new tower is 50m high and according to plans it should be kept functional for the next 40 years.
The cost of its construction totaled BGN 15 M.
Construction company Glavbolgarstroy secured a contract from the Bulgarian Air Traffic Services Authority (BULATSA) for the preliminary design and construction of a new control tower at Sofia Airport in the summer last year.
- » Anadarko to Compete with Exxon Mobil Over Bulgarian Gas, Oil Expolration
- » Foreign Businessmen Invested BGN 43 M in Return for Bulgarian Passports
- » Bulgaria Attracted Foreign Investment of EUR 128.2 M in Jan, Feb 2015 – Deputy Minister
- » European Commission Urges Southeastern Europe to Build More LNG Terminals
- » Bulgaria’s Security Agency to Be Consulted on Privatization of Central Depository
- » Sofia Technical University Concept Car to Run Again at Shell Eco-marathon Europe