Obama Thanks Bulgaria for Afghanistan Efforts
President Barack Obama is thanking Bulgaria for its contributions and sacrifices in the US-lead war in Afghanistan.
Obama spoke in the Oval Office alongside Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov ahead of their one-on-one meeting. The president says the two leaders will discuss transition plans in Afghanistan, which call for NATO to wind down its mission by the end of 2014.
The president is also expected to be updated on Bulgaria’s investigation into the July terror attack there that killed several Israeli tourists.
On an unseasonably warm day in Washington, Obama also light-heartedly recommended that the prime minister take advantage of the nice weather and see some of the sites around the nation’s capital.
- » Blick.ch: Who Will Stop Scrap Bulgarians?
- » Le Monde: Bulgaria Is Weak Link in Fight Against Jihadist Networks
- » Bloomberg: Bulgaria More at Risk from Grexit Contagion
- » Bulgaria 'Has Huge Problem with Financial Illiteracy'
- » Bulgaria Narrow-Gauge Train 'Could Face the Axe'
- » Neo-Nazism Present in Bulgaria, Russian Foreign Ministry Believes
"President Barack Obama is thanking Bulgaria for its contributions and sacrifices in the US-lead war in Afghanistan"------------War: what for? "Contributions": what to? To growing chaos in that poor country? "and sacrifices": in the name of what? In the name of further
horrifying opium poppy plantations' growth?
These tireless Hawks of Peace...