Snow Removal Starts in Bulgaria's Sofia
Snow removal machines were spotted in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, as the city witnessed its first snowfall for the winter of 2012-2013 on Monday.
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova told reporters that roads enabling public transport would be cleaned first.
Fandakova reminded that all driver should use winter tires.
The snowfall emerged from a light rain that had been on in much of Bulgaria for the past couple of days.
Most of Southern and Northeastern Bulgaria are expected to get strong winds and heavier snowfalls, according to weather forecasts.
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped
- » Antarctica: Preparation For 26th Bulgarian Antarctic Expedition Started
- » Code Yellow Over Strong Wind in 12 Regions In Bulgaria
- » The Temperatures Go Up
- » Today We Celebrate The World Earth Day