Snow Removal Starts in Bulgaria's Sofia
Snow removal machines were spotted in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, as the city witnessed its first snowfall for the winter of 2012-2013 on Monday.
Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova told reporters that roads enabling public transport would be cleaned first.
Fandakova reminded that all driver should use winter tires.
The snowfall emerged from a light rain that had been on in much of Bulgaria for the past couple of days.
Most of Southern and Northeastern Bulgaria are expected to get strong winds and heavier snowfalls, according to weather forecasts.
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Forecast For Bulgaria Today, Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C
- » Earthquake of 5.1 in the Southeastern Turkish Province of Adayman, Wounded People
- » Real Summer and 31 Degrees in Bulgaria in the Coming Days
- » Bears Saved Near Village of Daspat Are Under 24-Hour Surveillance
- » Warm and Sunny Today in Bulgaria – Maximum Temperatures at 25-30°C