2nd Bulgaria-Romania Bridge to Become Functional in May 2013
The so-called Danube Bridge 2 connecting Bulgaria and Romania will become functional in May 2013, Bulgarian Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski announced Monday.
If the weather allows it, construction works will be over by the end of December 2012, Moskovski clarified, as cited by local media.
He reminded that the adjoining road and railway infrastructure has been already constructed in the two Balkan countries.
Danube Bridge 2, linking Bulgaria's Vidin and Romania's Calafat, will be third ever bridge in the Bulgarian-Romanian section of the Danube in the past 2000 years.
Over 100 000 vehicles are expected to pass through the bridge each year.
- » Bulgaria Climbs Up in Economic Freedom Index
- » Bulgaria PM Borisov: Energy Bills Issue 'Is Conspiracy against Govt'
- » Bulgarian Business Sentiment Improves in January
- » Bulgarian State Railways Struggling To Stay Afloat
- » Bulgaria Records Progress in Economic Freedom – Think Tank
- » Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Foresees Power Price Hike in 2015