2nd Bulgaria-Romania Bridge to Become Functional in May 2013
The so-called Danube Bridge 2 connecting Bulgaria and Romania will become functional in May 2013, Bulgarian Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski announced Monday.
If the weather allows it, construction works will be over by the end of December 2012, Moskovski clarified, as cited by local media.
He reminded that the adjoining road and railway infrastructure has been already constructed in the two Balkan countries.
Danube Bridge 2, linking Bulgaria's Vidin and Romania's Calafat, will be third ever bridge in the Bulgarian-Romanian section of the Danube in the past 2000 years.
Over 100 000 vehicles are expected to pass through the bridge each year.
- » More Bulgarians Went on Business Trips, Holidays Abroad in January
- » EVN Proposes Rise in Electricity Prices of 6.98%
- » Uber Bulgaria To Be Investigated by Authorities
- » Planned Unit 7 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP to Generate USD 11 B
- » Russia, Ukraine to Take Part in Gas Meeting with EU Next Week
- » It's Bohemian: Bulgaria's Plovdiv is Among World's Most Attractive Cities