2nd Bulgaria-Romania Bridge to Become Functional in May 2013
The so-called Danube Bridge 2 connecting Bulgaria and Romania will become functional in May 2013, Bulgarian Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski announced Monday.
If the weather allows it, construction works will be over by the end of December 2012, Moskovski clarified, as cited by local media.
He reminded that the adjoining road and railway infrastructure has been already constructed in the two Balkan countries.
Danube Bridge 2, linking Bulgaria's Vidin and Romania's Calafat, will be third ever bridge in the Bulgarian-Romanian section of the Danube in the past 2000 years.
Over 100 000 vehicles are expected to pass through the bridge each year.
- » 15-20% Growth in the Village Tourism, Association of Bulgarian Villages
- » 26.5% Increase in Number of Trips Taken by Bulgarians YoY
- » US Coal Departed for Ukraine
- » Peevski: I Have not and Will not Have Anything to do with the Military Industry
- » Romania, Behind Bulgaria and Hungary on Tourist Accommodation Capacity
- » Google's Sweet New Android O Set for Eclipse-Themed Unveil