Gazprom, Rosneft, Lukoil Ranked Russia's Most Desired Employers
Russian state-controlled energy giants Gazprom, Rosneft, and Lukoil top the list of the most desired employers in Russia, according to a poll published by the VTsIOM pollster on Monday.
"Gazprom remains the most attractive employer for Russians. If respondents could choose a job in any large company operating on the Russian market, 44% would prefer this organization [compared with 33% in 2009]," the poll said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
The attractiveness of oil giant Rosneft has increased from 23% in 2009 to 29% in 2012, while state-run savings bank Sberbank's appeal has risen from 19% to 25%.
At the same time, compared to 2009, fewer respondents expressed an interest in working for mobile phone operators and insurance companies, the poll said.
The list of the top five dream jobs also includes Russia's largest privately owned crude producer Lukoil and rail monopoly Russian Railways.
They are followed by the Federal Grid Company, the Interregional Distribution Grid Company, RusHydro, Norilsk Nickel, Aeroflot and VTB-24.
The poll was conducted in 138 locations across 46 Russian regions and covered 1,600 people, with a margin of error of 3.4%.
- » German Tourists Bring Hitler Mugs From Bulgaria, Face Court
- » MH17 'Black Box' Data Intact, Not Tampered With
- » Air Algerie Plane Wreck Found In Mali
- » Dutch Call for Deportation of Putin's Daughter From the Netherlands
- » Missing Air Algerie Passenger Plane with 116 on Board Crashes in Niger
- » Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing