Bulgarian MEP Pins Hopes on New Right-Wing Coalition
Bulgarian MEP Nadezhda Neynsky has expressed her hope that a unified right-wing political formation may emerge in the aftermath of the scandal that rattled the Union of Democratic Forces (UDF) party.
Neynsky has noted that she would only run for MP in the 2013 general elections if such formation is established.
In an interview for Nova TV on Monday, the MEP pointed out that UDF has distanced itself from its supporters.
"I want to stay where the people are," she said.
She further praised the former Blue Coalition that consisted of UDF and the Democrats for Strong Bulgaria party, saying that UDF is now dependent on GERB.
- » GERB Meets BSP Friday in Second Round of Coalition Talks
- » ABV Will Stay Out of Gov't, But Will Back Some GERB Policies
- » PF Urges Power Price Freeze, Anti-Crime Steps Ahead of Talks with GERB
- » Dimitar Vladimirov Appointed Deputy Head of State Agency for Bulgarians Abroad
- » Subsidies for Political Parties in Bulgaria Up 10 Times in 10 Years
- » GERB, Reformist Bloc Take ‘Step Forward’ in Coalition Talks