Brits Should Bet on Bulgaria for Best Bargain Ski Breaks - Survey
For the second year in a row, a respected cost comparison survey has picked Bulgaria as the best value deal for British skiers.
The report, by Post Office Travel Money, assessed the cost of a one-person, six-day ski trip, including equipment and ski school costs plus one lunch with drinks.
The Bulgarian ski resort of Bansko offered the least-expensive winter sports holiday, setting the traveler back a total of GBP 265, the survey found.
The next best-value holiday among the 27 European and North American resorts surveyed was in Kranjska Gora in Slovenia, with Ellmau in Austria the next least-expensive.
The package in Kranjska Gora was GBP 325 and in Ellmau it was GBP 357, according to the survey.
In contrast, the package was as much as GBP 728 in Tahoe in western USA; GBP 736 in Vail; GBP 773 in Whistler; and GBP 818 in Tremblant, Canada.
Overall, the Italian resorts proved better value for British skiers than the Swiss ones.
Prices were down 10% in Livigno in Italy (at GBP 362), with the resort offering the lowest-priced ski school.
The costliest European resort was Zermatt in Switzerland, at GBP 726.
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Expects 4-5% Growth This Winter
- » Bulgaria to Offer Combined Tour Packages with Neighboring Balkan Countries
- » UK Skiing Holiday Maker Praises Bulgaria's Bansko
- » Bulgaria Expects 4-6% Increase in Tourist Numbers in Winter
- » Bulgaria, Romania To Attract Asian Tourists With Joint Efforts
- » Veliko Tarnovo Hoteliers Are Most Hospitable In Bulgaria