Ukrainian President Yanukovych Sacks PM Azarov, Govt
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov and his cabinet.
This has been made clear by a presidential decree posted on the website of the Ukrainian Presidency on Monday.
Mykola Azarov's cabinet has been instructed to stay on in an acting role.
Media reports earlier said Azarov had asked Ukrainian President Yanukovych to dismiss those cabinet members who were elected members of parliament in the October 28 elections.
Azarov reportedly also tendered his resignation to the president. He has been in charge of the Ukrainian government since March 2012, having been appointed after Yanukovych won the Ukrainian presidential elections a month earlier.
- » Germany's Merkel 'to Run for 4th Term' in 2017
- » PKK Bombs Railway in Turkey's Kars, Police Kills Three Kurdish Rebels in Agri
- » Immigration is EU Citizens’ Main Concern – Survey
- » EU Extends EUR 91,000 to Help Macedonia Cope with Migrant Tide
- » Beijing to Host Winter Olympic Games in 2022
- » Attack on Police Station Leaves Two Turkish Officers, Two PKK Militants Dead