Ukrainian President Yanukovych Sacks PM Azarov, Govt
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov and his cabinet.
This has been made clear by a presidential decree posted on the website of the Ukrainian Presidency on Monday.
Mykola Azarov's cabinet has been instructed to stay on in an acting role.
Media reports earlier said Azarov had asked Ukrainian President Yanukovych to dismiss those cabinet members who were elected members of parliament in the October 28 elections.
Azarov reportedly also tendered his resignation to the president. He has been in charge of the Ukrainian government since March 2012, having been appointed after Yanukovych won the Ukrainian presidential elections a month earlier.
- » Putin Warns Russians Internet Is 'CIA Project'
- » Kosovo Extends EULEX Mission, Creates War Crimes Court
- » Serbian Parliament 'Complete', Govt to Be Announced Saturday
- » Deaths Reported in Ukraine's Slaviansk Operation
- » No Breakthrough in US-Japan Trade Deal
- » Afghan Hospital Guard Kills 3 American Medics