Ukrainian President Yanukovych Sacks PM Azarov, Govt
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov and his cabinet.
This has been made clear by a presidential decree posted on the website of the Ukrainian Presidency on Monday.
Mykola Azarov's cabinet has been instructed to stay on in an acting role.
Media reports earlier said Azarov had asked Ukrainian President Yanukovych to dismiss those cabinet members who were elected members of parliament in the October 28 elections.
Azarov reportedly also tendered his resignation to the president. He has been in charge of the Ukrainian government since March 2012, having been appointed after Yanukovych won the Ukrainian presidential elections a month earlier.
- » EC Proposes Measures to Improve E-Commerce, Increase Customer Trust
- » Eurogroup Agrees to Release Next Tranche of Greek Bailout
- » Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party Announces New Cabinet
- » Greece Begins Relocation of Migrants from Idomeni Refugee Camp
- » Former Green Leader Achieves Narrow Victory in Austria's Presidential Election
- » New AKP Leader Binali Yildirim Working to Form Turkey’s New Government