Ukrainian President Yanukovych Sacks PM Azarov, Govt
Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov and his cabinet.
This has been made clear by a presidential decree posted on the website of the Ukrainian Presidency on Monday.
Mykola Azarov's cabinet has been instructed to stay on in an acting role.
Media reports earlier said Azarov had asked Ukrainian President Yanukovych to dismiss those cabinet members who were elected members of parliament in the October 28 elections.
Azarov reportedly also tendered his resignation to the president. He has been in charge of the Ukrainian government since March 2012, having been appointed after Yanukovych won the Ukrainian presidential elections a month earlier.
- » Three Dead, Two Missing in Romanian Floods
- » Syrian Presidential Elections to Be Held on June 3
- » Russia Says Ukraine 'Broke Geneva Accord'
- » South Korean Compares Ferry Disaster to 'Murder'
- » Ukraine to Launch Probe after Slaviansk Incident
- » Floods Cause State of Emergency in 11 Serbian Municipalities