Assad Escaped to Russia via Bulgaria - Social Networks
Unconfirmed reports in social networks have it that embattled Syrian leader Bashar Al-Assad has escaped with a plane to Russia.
To do that, he had to circumvent Turkey and use the airspace of Cypurs, Greece, Bulgaria and Moldova, say the reports.
Twitter users have even alleged the number of the flight he used, Syrian Airlines RB441, an Airbus A320, which had taken off for the Vnukovo Airport in Moscow.
The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has not officially commented on the rumor yet.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years