Winter Flu Wave to Hit Europe, Bulgaria Dec-Jan - Expert
The flu wave in Bulgaria for the 2012-13 winter season is expected to come in January, said Bulgaria's Chief Health Inspector Angel Kunchev.
"At present an influenza wave is nowhere present in Europe," said Kunchev, reports Darik Radio.
"The seasonal flu will most probably start appearing on the Old Continent around the end of December, reaching Bulgaria around the end of January," added he.
Kunchev said that Bulgarian health authorities have as usual taken all precautionary measures to deal with the flu wave.
According to the national Chief Health Inspector the spread of sub-tropical and tropical diseases due to climate change is a much more concering factor that countries need to manage.
"We are witnessing typical tropical diseases manifested ever farther north, in places where they are not expected," said Kunchev.
- » Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
- » Bulgarian Children Suffer from Obesity, Prefer Tv to Sport
- » Bulgarians Spend 6 Times More Money On Their Cars Than On Health
- » Bulgaria's Doctors to Join Protests on EU Doctors Action Day
- » EC Considers Introduction of 'Traffic Light' Food Labels
- » Nearly 80% of Bulgarians Never Exercise - Eurobarometer