Winter Flu Wave to Hit Europe, Bulgaria Dec-Jan - Expert
The flu wave in Bulgaria for the 2012-13 winter season is expected to come in January, said Bulgaria's Chief Health Inspector Angel Kunchev.
"At present an influenza wave is nowhere present in Europe," said Kunchev, reports Darik Radio.
"The seasonal flu will most probably start appearing on the Old Continent around the end of December, reaching Bulgaria around the end of January," added he.
Kunchev said that Bulgarian health authorities have as usual taken all precautionary measures to deal with the flu wave.
According to the national Chief Health Inspector the spread of sub-tropical and tropical diseases due to climate change is a much more concering factor that countries need to manage.
"We are witnessing typical tropical diseases manifested ever farther north, in places where they are not expected," said Kunchev.
- » Greek Аuthorities Seized Over 400 Tons of Harmful Food Imported From Turkey Today
- » Top Bottled Water Brands Contaminated with Plastic Particles
- » Over 200,000 Bulgarians Suffer from Glaucoma
- » There is a Shortage of Dentists in Several Areas of the Country
- » Spring Allergies Attack us After the Flu
- » Greece Looks to Draw Billion-Dollar Investments After Legalizing Medical Marijuana