Winter Flu Wave to Hit Europe, Bulgaria Dec-Jan - Expert
The flu wave in Bulgaria for the 2012-13 winter season is expected to come in January, said Bulgaria's Chief Health Inspector Angel Kunchev.
"At present an influenza wave is nowhere present in Europe," said Kunchev, reports Darik Radio.
"The seasonal flu will most probably start appearing on the Old Continent around the end of December, reaching Bulgaria around the end of January," added he.
Kunchev said that Bulgarian health authorities have as usual taken all precautionary measures to deal with the flu wave.
According to the national Chief Health Inspector the spread of sub-tropical and tropical diseases due to climate change is a much more concering factor that countries need to manage.
"We are witnessing typical tropical diseases manifested ever farther north, in places where they are not expected," said Kunchev.
- » Director of Sofia Regional Health Inspectorate Dismissed
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Halts BGN 30 M of Procurement
- » Young Bulgarian Doctors Stage Symbolic Protest Carrying Suitcases
- » Childhood Obesity in Bulgaria Growing at Alarming Rate
- » New Medical Standards To Be Introduced for Bulgaria's GPs
- » WHO Declares Ebola Outbreak 'International Public Health Emergency'