4.7-Degree Vrancea Earthquake Felt Weakly in N Bulgaria
The 4.7-degree earthquake that hit overnight the seismically active Vrancea area of Romania was felt only weakly in northern Bulgaria.
The tremor occured at 10.52 pm Saturday in the area of Romania's eastern Carpathians, with no data of casualties and destruction.
No earthquake has been officially registered in Bulgaria, but some residents of the Danube city of Ruse have reported feeling a light tremor.
The area of Vrancea is notorious with its 1977 7.2-degree earthquake that killed close to 1,600 people, more than 100 of them in Bulgaria.
- » Code Yellow Warning Issued Over Heavy Rain in 18 Bulgarian Districts
- » Yellow Code For Intensive Rains and Thunders For 7 Regions
- » Yellow Code Announced for 7 Districts in Bulgaria Over Intense Rain
- » Many Clouds, Short Rains in Many Places in the Afternoon, with Thunders
- » Intensive Rains in Some Areas, Hailstorms Possible
- » NIMH: Short Rains with Thunders in the Afternoon