4.7-Degree Vrancea Earthquake Felt Weakly in N Bulgaria
The 4.7-degree earthquake that hit overnight the seismically active Vrancea area of Romania was felt only weakly in northern Bulgaria.
The tremor occured at 10.52 pm Saturday in the area of Romania's eastern Carpathians, with no data of casualties and destruction.
No earthquake has been officially registered in Bulgaria, but some residents of the Danube city of Ruse have reported feeling a light tremor.
The area of Vrancea is notorious with its 1977 7.2-degree earthquake that killed close to 1,600 people, more than 100 of them in Bulgaria.
- » Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran
- » A Volcano Erupted in Japan
- » CNN: More than 95% of World's Population Breathing Unhealthy Air
- » Sunny Weather Тоday in Bulgaria, Possible Rain Mostly in the Mountain Regions
- » Two killed, more than 20 Injured in an Earthquake in Indonesia
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C