13 Bulgarian Hospitals to Undergo Upgrades, Repairs Worth BGN 147 M
Health Minister Desislava Atanasova has announced that a total of 13 hospitals in Bulgaria will undergo upgrading and improvement works worth over BGN 147 M.
Speaking Saturday in the southwestern city of Velingrad, Atanasova made clear that the Health Ministry had won a project under the Regional Development Operational Program for repairs and upgrades at the medical facilities with an emphasis on diagnosis and treatment of oncologic diseases.
Bulgaria's Health Minister, as cited by the Focus news agency, explained that the repair and construction activities had started at 8 out of 13 hospitals and the procedures for the delivery of cutting-edge equipment was also underway.
Atanasova, as cited by dnevnik.bg, vowed that the repair works would start at the other hospitals by end-2012.
She told journalists that a part of the money would go to the conversion of eight homes for medical and social care for children into social support centers for r families with children aged up to three years.
- » Bulgaria Owes BGN 95 M for Treatment of Bulgarian Patients in EU
- » Bulgaria's Health Insurance Fund To End 2016 With BGN 50 M Deficit
- » Bulgaria Ranks 5th in Europe in Childhood Obesity
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index
- » Bulgaria Wins Praise for Achievements in Fighting HIV/AIDS