13 Bulgarian Hospitals to Undergo Upgrades, Repairs Worth BGN 147 M
Health Minister Desislava Atanasova has announced that a total of 13 hospitals in Bulgaria will undergo upgrading and improvement works worth over BGN 147 M.
Speaking Saturday in the southwestern city of Velingrad, Atanasova made clear that the Health Ministry had won a project under the Regional Development Operational Program for repairs and upgrades at the medical facilities with an emphasis on diagnosis and treatment of oncologic diseases.
Bulgaria's Health Minister, as cited by the Focus news agency, explained that the repair and construction activities had started at 8 out of 13 hospitals and the procedures for the delivery of cutting-edge equipment was also underway.
Atanasova, as cited by dnevnik.bg, vowed that the repair works would start at the other hospitals by end-2012.
She told journalists that a part of the money would go to the conversion of eight homes for medical and social care for children into social support centers for r families with children aged up to three years.
- » Bulgaria Marks Global AIDS Day
- » European Study: Bulgarian Healthcare Is in 'Dire Straits'
- » Bulgaria’s Health Insurance Fund to Check Hospital Records
- » Bulgarian Socialists Firm on Easing Smoking Ban before New Year
- » Number of Babies Born in Bulgaria down by 4500 in 2013
- » Bulgarian Cabinet, Hospitals Reach Deal on Overdue Payments