Bulgaria's Stefanova Defeated at World Chess Championship Final
Ukraine's Anna Ushenina has defeated Bulgaria's Antoaneta Stefanova in a tiebreaker at the 2012 World Women's World Chess Championship in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia.
Ushenina won the second game of the tiebreak to take the title, while the first tiebreak game was drawn.
Former world champion Stefanova, playing with black pieces, lost to Ushenina on the 94th move.
Earlier on Saturday, the first tiebreaker, in which Stefanova played with white pieces, ended in a draw on the 89th move.
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings
- » Bulgaria’s Asenova Becomes European Boxing Champion