Bulgaria's Stefanova Defeated at World Chess Championship Final
Ukraine's Anna Ushenina has defeated Bulgaria's Antoaneta Stefanova in a tiebreaker at the 2012 World Women's World Chess Championship in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia.
Ushenina won the second game of the tiebreak to take the title, while the first tiebreak game was drawn.
Former world champion Stefanova, playing with black pieces, lost to Ushenina on the 94th move.
Earlier on Saturday, the first tiebreaker, in which Stefanova played with white pieces, ended in a draw on the 89th move.
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov to Face Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam