Bulgaria's Stefanova Defeated at World Chess Championship Final
Ukraine's Anna Ushenina has defeated Bulgaria's Antoaneta Stefanova in a tiebreaker at the 2012 World Women's World Chess Championship in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia.
Ushenina won the second game of the tiebreak to take the title, while the first tiebreak game was drawn.
Former world champion Stefanova, playing with black pieces, lost to Ushenina on the 94th move.
Earlier on Saturday, the first tiebreaker, in which Stefanova played with white pieces, ended in a draw on the 89th move.
- » Special Olympics Athletes Back From Austria with 9 Medals
- » Stefka Kostadinova Re-Elected As BOC Chairwoman
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama With 3rd Consecutive Victory in Osaka
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Squanders 4 Match Balls at Indian Wells
- » Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev Achieves Historical gold
- » Levski-CSKA Football Game Affects Sofia Traffic