Ex Bulgarian Deputy Minister Injured in DUI Crash
Former Bulgarian Deputy Foreign Minister, Radion Popov, has been involved in a serious traffic accident near the village of Sheynovo in central Bulgaria.
The likely cause of the accident is speed and DUI, with both drivers testing positive.
Popov has been listed in the hospital in the town of Kazanlak with cuts and bruises; he is in stable condition.
The crash occurred around 7:30 pm Friday with both vehicles sustaining significant damage.
Popov is a Middle East expert, military intelligence officer, former military attaché in Syria and Spain, Ambassador to Egypt, and former Deputy Foreign Minister in the previous Three-Way Coalition Cabinet.
- » Hristo Stoichkov Accused of Physically Attacking Journalists
- » Thounsands of acres of Forrests Caught on Fire
- » Bulgaria Issues Warning of Forrest Fires
- » Bugaria Says Last Goodbye to Journalist Dimitar Tsonev
- » Death Toll in Italy Quake Rises to 267
- » Valuable Ancient Jewelry Found in Private Home in Bulgaria's Nikopol