Ex Bulgarian Deputy Minister Injured in DUI Crash
Former Bulgarian Deputy Foreign Minister, Radion Popov, has been involved in a serious traffic accident near the village of Sheynovo in central Bulgaria.
The likely cause of the accident is speed and DUI, with both drivers testing positive.
Popov has been listed in the hospital in the town of Kazanlak with cuts and bruises; he is in stable condition.
The crash occurred around 7:30 pm Friday with both vehicles sustaining significant damage.
Popov is a Middle East expert, military intelligence officer, former military attaché in Syria and Spain, Ambassador to Egypt, and former Deputy Foreign Minister in the previous Three-Way Coalition Cabinet.
- » Bulgarian Is Spoken by 15 Million People Worldwide
- » EU Commission Office in Sofia Evacuated over Fire
- » Bulgaria's National Art Gallery Square 500 Hosts Indonesian Batik, Bali Art Exhibition
- » Abundant Rainfall Causes Flooding in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Three Injured After Mass Fight Between Migrants in Sofia
- » Heavy Traffic Expected Across Bulgaria as Long Weekend Comes to End