Ex Bulgarian Deputy Minister Injured in DUI Crash
Former Bulgarian Deputy Foreign Minister, Radion Popov, has been involved in a serious traffic accident near the village of Sheynovo in central Bulgaria.
The likely cause of the accident is speed and DUI, with both drivers testing positive.
Popov has been listed in the hospital in the town of Kazanlak with cuts and bruises; he is in stable condition.
The crash occurred around 7:30 pm Friday with both vehicles sustaining significant damage.
Popov is a Middle East expert, military intelligence officer, former military attaché in Syria and Spain, Ambassador to Egypt, and former Deputy Foreign Minister in the previous Three-Way Coalition Cabinet.
- » Rescue Operation for 3 Boys Lost in Rila Mountain Temporarily Stopped
- » Sofia-Karlovo Passenger Train Derails, Nobody Injured
- » Bulgaria’s Smolyan Municipality Declares State of Emergency over Heavy Rain
- » Six Bulgarians Held Captive in Sudan since Jan 26 Released
- » Bulgaria Holds Day of National Mourning for Ex President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgarian Presidency Lays Condolence Book in Memory of Zhelyu Zhelev