EU, Moldova Seek to Sign Key Agreements in 2013
Moldova is on its way to ink agreements on association and free trade with EU in 2013, European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso said on Friday.
"If Moldova goes on with the reforms and achievements it has demonstrated so far in the Eastern Partnership programme, your country may count on signing three important documents with the EU by the end of 2013," Barroso revealed after meeting Moldovan Prime Minister Vlad Filat in Chisinau.
The European Commission president clarified that the agreements will be on establishing an EU-Moldova free trade area, on Moldova's association with the EU, and on the second phase in the action plan on visa liberalisation.
He noted that EU's financial support to Moldova has increased fivefold in the last six years, from EUR 25 M in 2006 to EUR 122 M in 2012.
- » Assad's Army will Help the Kurds Against Turkey
- » The Pope has Retreated to Spiritual Seclusion
- » Two Major Islamist Groups in Syria Unite
- » Israel Warned that it Could Act Directly Against Iran
- » Brazilian Prisoners Took the Guards as Hostages
- » Tillerson Admitted There Could be Introduction of New Sanctions Against Russia